a few more animals especialy birds

Anschar Frost

currently there are only a hand full of animals in the game and i think a few more would make the world just a little more alive

Mice and rats could spawn in cellers where you store your food and try stealing from open barrels

crows that fly in circles above your fields and try to eat your crops unless you got a scarecrow

magpies that steal every shiny item droped on the ground and bring it to thier nest

ducks that swim in lakes and fly south in large flocks when winter is near and come back in spring

hawks that fly alone in circles over plains hunting rabbits and racoons

turkeys larger more rare food sources for poultry meat

maybe some insects like earthworms, grubs, centipedes and isopods(kellerasseln) that could have a small chance to spawn whenever a player picks up a rock from the ground could be used as bait when fishing becomes a thing

speaking of fishing grey herons that sit between cattails and try to catch fish them selfs

i could go on endlessly but the animals in VS have such a high quallity in model texture and animation that this small list alone would take a while to implement but i think it would totally be worth it

They could even "cheat" a bit and just put in bird song as an ambient noise, dependent on what season and biome you're in.

No graphics rendering required. 😄

Or "cut price rendering" of birds hovering very high up. They don't do anything - just scenery.

Of course, there could be a reason why there are no birds around. Dark reasons . . .

But yeah, sure, birds would be cool. I don't need them to do anything or be edible. Just sit in a tree is fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Professor Dragon said:

They could even "cheat" a bit and just put in bird song as an ambient noise, dependent on what season and biome you're in.

No graphics rendering required. 😄

Or "cut price rendering" of birds hovering very high up. They don't do anything - just scenery.

Of course, there could be a reason why there are no birds around. Dark reasons . . .

But yeah, sure, birds would be cool. I don't need them to do anything or be edible. Just sit in a tree is fine.

yeah on one side they could just make them 2d sprites at an high altitute with some sound just for ambiance

or they could make them complete mobs with own drops like feathers bones and meat maybe nests with eggs

point is an empty sky is -33% ambiance i mean we can compare it to minecrafts oceans befor and after 1.13

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anschar Frost said:

currently there are only a hand full of animals in the game and i think a few more would make the world just a little more alive

Mice and rats could spawn in cellers where you store your food and try stealing from open barrels

crows that fly in circles above your fields and try to eat your crops unless you got a scarecrow

magpies that steal every shiny item droped on the ground and bring it to thier nest

ducks that swim in lakes and fly south in large flocks when winter is near and come back in spring

hawks that fly alone in circles over plains hunting rabbits and racoons

turkeys larger more rare food sources for poultry meat

maybe some insects like earthworms, grubs, centipedes and isopods(kellerasseln) that could have a small chance to spawn whenever a player picks up a rock from the ground could be used as bait when fishing becomes a thing

speaking of fishing grey herons that sit between cattails and try to catch fish them selfs

i could go on endlessly but the animals in VS have such a high quallity in model texture and animation that this small list alone would take a while to implement but i think it would totally be worth it

mice and rats are nice but have them just spawn in your cellar will be a massive nuisance but im all for having them spawn naturally just not IN the cellars

crows are also a good idea but again not for field ruining...im currently playing with a friend and we have rabbits literally randomly spawning inside our greenhouse and eating the plants when were not around and there is no way to prevent it (same reason why im against having mice and rats spawn inside cellars) if mouse traps and rabbit traps get added then maybe ill not complain as much if you can put the traps in cellars and fields to hunt them as an additional source of food but as of right now having parasites/pests randomly spawn straight inside what they are meant to damage/destroy is more annoying than realistic or immersive...back to crows im sure just making a greenhouse should be enough to prevent them from destroying the crops but again as long as they dont straight up spawn inside the greenhouses then im ok with them being added as another pest

as long as magpies dont spawn straight on top of the sparkly things (pretty sure you can see a pattern here) and there actually has to be a nest nearby and they have to spot it and not just bee line towards it like a cruise missile whenever the game registers a sparkly item being dropped...as long as its sensible and not broken then im all for them being added

hawks sound good bUt aGaIn since they are predators they would probably attack a lot of livestock so as long as they have a logical way of spawning and behaving then im all for it (just like the magpie idea i mentioned like 3 or 4 lines ago: only if theres a nest nearby will it then spawn 2 hawks in the nest and have them fly around looking for food and not straight up sniping it better than a csgo player quickscoping through the door gap in The Dust or whatever that map is called)

im all for turkeys as they would be another source of food that could be possibly domesticated (no pattern here since theyre not meant to cause any damage to anything...right?)

having insects for fish bait sounds good (especially earthworms, grubs, centipedes and isopods(kellerasseln) since i dont think they necessarily damage anything...right?)

grey herons sound good bUt As LoNg As ThEy DoNt SpAw- well im assuming theyll be scared of humans anyway so it wont interfere with fishing or anything so im all for it 

yeah adding these animals as mods for starters would be a good test of practicality/functionality and especially for me optimisation(because HOLY BALLS do i already have my PC scream at me every time i launch the damn game and thats just vanilla

• Like 1

I like the idea of adding more animals, while I don't think that more pests should be all. I'm totally for more aggressive beasts. I have a particular itch for alligators, I think it'd be really interesting with a more "neutral" but dangerous, territorial mobs.

16 hours ago, Acouthyt said:

I like the idea of adding more animals, while I don't think that more pests should be all. I'm totally for more aggressive beasts. I have a particular itch for alligators, I think it'd be really interesting with a more "neutral" but dangerous, territorial mobs.

I think primitive survival adds alligators.  If not that particular mod a different one does.

I really like the idea of at least the sounds of birds. Would enhance the immersion. Primitive survival 2.9.5 does not have alligators but I have seen a different mod that does add them. Wild farming mod did add worms which can be used for bait or making worm castings for farming.

3 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

It's not primitive survival.  It's Creatures and Critters that adds crocigators.

My reason for saying Alligators is that they're not nearly as aggressive as people believe them to be, crocodiles give alligators a bad name. Crocs will absolutely turn an area of humans into a hunting ground, alligators just wanna be left tf alone, but if they're hungry and you wanna play stupid... They might choose violence. Or just hand out and do nothing and wait for something to walk in front of it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.