Temporal Storm Ongoing

Timothy Simmons

OK I've got a few hours in the game and purchased a server.

The temporal storms last a long time. I've tried staying in my house but the storm last long enough to drive me insane and I just die over and over. the storm never ends.

This isn't from damage from the creatures, I've killed all that appeared.

Do I have a bug or have done something wrong?

Define 

1 hour ago, Timothy Simmons said:

The temporal storms last a long time. I've tried staying in my house but the storm last long enough to drive me insane and I just die over and over. the storm never ends.

Define "long time". My storms last about 6-8 irl minutes. If you place a temporal gear in your off hand and a knife in your active hand, right click to consume the gear and help refill your temporal gear gauge will also help.

• Cookie time 1

14 hours ago, Timothy Simmons said:

OK I've got a few hours in the game and purchased a server.

This isn't from damage from the creatures, I've killed all that appeared.

Do I have a bug or have done something wrong?

The latter, most likely.

Probably your Temporal Stability dropped far enough that you entered the "Rust World."

Which basically looks like a never ending Temporal Storm, even though the Temporal Storm HAS ended. Your Temporal Gear will keep on spinning left.

Honestly, the game could do with a chat message "You have entered the Rust World" - because this transition really isn't as clear as it should be.

See https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Temporal_stability

The only way to get out of it is to restore your Temporal Stability - by activating a Temporal Gear or killing enough Drifters.

Here are pitfalls to avoid:

* Do not be in a Temporally unstable zone during a Temporal Storm.
Corollary 1 - Do not build your base in an unstable zone.
Corollary 2 - Do not shelter in a trader's caravan during a temporal storm, in an unstable zone or if your stability is already low.

* Especially do not be in an unstable zone during a storm. Almost certain death awaits.
Run through the night if you have to, to get to a stable zone. Then hide in hole/bunker/whatever.

* Always keep one Temporal Gear and a knife in a chest in your base, so that you can exit the Rust World if needed.

If you just need to break THIS loop, then go into Creative mode (/gamemode Creative), give yourself a Temporal Gear or two and a knife, use them, then revert to Surival once the Rust World ends (/gamemode Survival).

Hope this helps.
Professor Dragon.

• Like 2
  • Amazing! 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.