Q: Heal over time by JSON patch?

Corax

Is it possible to change or enable heal-over-time using a json patch, or would that require a code mod? I was under the impression that the player did heal over time in previous versions, but I may remember that wrong.

The reason I'm asking is because I tried to remove the healing properties from all food items, and despite waiting several ingame days, the ratio of actual to possible HP didn't change noticeably. Of course total possible HP changes depending on nutrition levels, so it's a bit hard to tell, but the gap doesn't appear to close, judging by the player's health bar.

The patch I'm using isn't perfect though, as there are still some items left that give HP – namely Saguaro, Cabbage, and Honey Bowls; I wonder whether I really have to specify every single item individually, or what else I may be missing:

[ 
  { file: "game:itemtypes/food/vegetable", op: "replace", path: "/nutritionPropsByType/*/health", value: 0.0},
  { file: "game:itemtypes/food/redmeat", op: "replace", path: "/nutritionPropsByType/redmeat-vintage/health", value: 0.0},
  { file: "game:itemtypes/food/fruit", op: "replace", path: "/nutritionPropsByType/*/health", value: 0.0}
]

I'd prefer to be able to specify /nutritionPropsByType/*- for every food itemtype there is, but some don't have a 'health' key and produce errors; for example redmeat

{ file: "game:itemtypes/food/redmeat", op: "replace", path: "/nutritionPropsByType/*/health", value: 0.0}

doesn't work because two (*-raw and *-cooked) of the three items don't provide health. Similar for fish and poultry.

It would be really helpful to have some kind of "replace-or-ignore-if-nonexistent", unless there is and I'm just blind? Especially as it would allow the patch to automatically cover new items if/when they are added, be it by vanilla or other mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.