-
Posts
40 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
News
Store
Everything posted by VANTABlack2000
-
Sorry if this is out of touch or something, but is it possible Maltiez is advising on stuff for the update, but not specifically the combat system? Though tbh I am assuming the "Combat Update" is the next major update, but it's been a while since I have seen specific names to a VS update just some seen some stuff that is supposed to be added. No need to answer if that is private Anego information too I should add. I tend to pay close attention to wording, so I noticed they said "Combat Update" not "Combat System" though with how often I have seen that said I wouldn't be surprised if others said "Combat System" Also thanks for coming in and fact checking some things.
-
The more I see things go on with this drama the more it feels like things were just done clumsily not maliciously. There are some bad screenshots of certain people on the Discord, but at least on the forums I think it's been just trying to get things in control before making a proper response and trying to figure things out. Though I think a big part of the problem is that many announcements were made on the Discord, but not here, so it seems like you have to be on the Discord to get information which IMO isn't a good choice because Discord is starting to lose users for shoving Nitro and Ads everywhere. If the Forums was the main way to get information on VS over the Discord then things would have been a lot more open IMO since the forums ARE Vintage Story it isn't owned by someone else if that makes sense. I am not going to do anything rash like requesting a refund right now and am just going to wait and see if they issue a response here.
-
I think this is a good summary of everything. It does a good job of getting everyone on the same page, so we aren't arguing about misinformation. I would like to see a response from the devs, but things are crazy right now, so I am not sure what is going to happen. I am still going to give the devs benefit of the doubt though considering this thread isn't locked.
-
The Discord screenshot is the worst one IMO. If I am understanding the Discord screenshot correctly then the devs knew ALL the details of what the Anti-Cheat was doing and helped hide it's impacts on users which makes the whole thing impact trust even more. We need to wait for a potential dev response publicly though (Not just Discord) before we can make rash decisions though.
-
What makes this even worse is I wouldn't be surprised if there is a significant portion of people that play VS because they say they are No Mictrotransactions, No DLC... etc, so you get people like me who are anti-corporation. Anti-Cheat in that manner is more of a corporate move and goes against people with privacy concerns and not wanting software to interact with core levels of their computer. Edit: I forget where I saw Kernel Level Anti-Cheat, but from the info going around the anti-cheat was still implemented in a shady manner.
-
Thanks for this. This does raise concerns raised by another person on the thread though that too much info goes only through Discord. Makes me wish more stuff was here on the forums since I quit using Discord because it has gotten far too corporate. This also highlights that we need to not jump the gun on anything on be suspicious at best.
-
Thanks for the kind words. I am in an emotional spot and I am more worried than at a point where I would quit playing RIGHT NOW. I hope I don't have to and this gets resolved, but they are just on thin ice. I know I need to understand the whole situation before I do anything too drastic. Thanks for the words though for those who are considering refunding or leaving the game entirely right this second.
-
I am not sure on the specifics of all this because I don't use Discord anymore, but if this doesn't get resolved I may have to refund the game. Sucks because I am really starting to love the game, but if the devs are fine with malware level anti-cheat being snuck in without user's consent then I just can't defend that. If someone makes a MOD that people can CHOOSE whether or not to use and SAYS it is kernel level anti-cheat that's fine because at least they are transparent, but this is crazy. On a similar note the game SEEMS DRM-Free at first until you realize you need an account to play the game, so I don't think the game is playable offline unless you are already logged in potentially which is an issue IMO as well.
-
This sounds really interesting. As for @cellar_whalespoint. Maybe you could make it where you get the item you are trying to make, but with durability loss or something like that, so it isn't worry free, but not as punishing if that makes sense.
- 10 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- suggestion
- wood
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Please make separate hostility settings for animals and drifters
VANTABlack2000 replied to Aranyani's topic in Suggestions
This would be interesting. In a similar vein I would like to see some exceptions to the passive system. Last time I played (I forget which update it was I THINK 1.21) I went to fight the first boss and had to set the option to aggressive before it showed up. Seeing some variety in the aggressive options would be good though. Edit: I realized upon re-reading this I don't remember if it wouldn't show up or just wouldn't attack, but either way it wasn't a boss fight which kind of defeats the purpose I think. -
I am currently trying to get caught up on what all has been suggested here, but I just started playing VS again this time trying as the hunter and realized that there aren't really as many options for hunters since most armors have stat penalties to ranged damage. It could be interesting to see some hunter focused armor or more options for late game that don't decrease ranged damage options. It could be interesting to use Sturdy Leather as a sort of Leather Armor Upgrade to give variety, but I trust the devs to make good decisions on if and/or how to add options like that. (I mean that genuinely not like "I trust them to make the right decision which is my suggestion exactly") I am not sure how Leather Armor will work with the reworks though too.