A Culinary Artillery 1.1.4

l33tmaan

Is it possible to slow down the spoilage of meat (all protein products) on hooks? Just like grains and vegetables spoil more slowly in pots. On the hook, the meat is ventilated, and the less moisture, the slower the spoilage of the product, this is a fact. It will make sense to hang meat and sausages on hooks for storage, instead of a chest.
I would also like to suggest changing the effect of salt on foods. A small bonus to healing is not very useful in most cases. It is better to add 20-50% to the shelf life of the product if salt is involved in its recipe. It takes up a whole slot that could be taken up by another useful ingredient, so I think it's justified. Server players will appreciate these changes.

Updated to 1.0.15
- Visual bugs in oven/shelves/meat racks fixed (thanks to Dmitry221060!)
- Fix meals in bowls not providing all extra nutrients from complex ingredients (thanks to islasa1)
- Transpiler message removed (thanks to DoctorVanGogh)

This should fix the most annoying issues I've been trying to deal with lately. The VS community is great! :D

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.0.15

Game Version: v1.18.8 (Stable)
Whenever I try cooking using Expanded Foods and the sort using the mixing bowl, it instantly crashes my game and creates 'Demon food' (or food that will crash me instantly upon trying to open the container). Additionally I'm missing textures from most foods and I've tried reinstalling Expanded Foods and A Culinary Artillery and it hasn't helped.

Spoiler

9/6/2023 9:15:54 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.14
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.14, ancienttools@1.5.8, betterruins@0.2.2, bettertraders@0.0.2, buzzwords@1.4.0, cavecontent@1.0.1, hqzlights@1.1.1, caninae@0.1.1, capreolinae@1.0.4, pantherinae@1.0.7, furniturelibrary@1.0.9, giantgouramis@1.0.1, medieval@2.01.26, millwright@1.0.7, mbpc@1.0.0, leadroof@1.3.4, pondfrogsiii@1.2.2, unochre@1.1.0, pondfrogsi@1.2.2, peacockbasses@1.1.0, primitivesurvival@3.2.7, sortablestorage@1.9.0, strspawnchances@0.0.1, temporal_gears_stack@1.0.0, truesunfishes@1.1.0, game@1.18.8, wildcraft@1.6.6, animalcages@2.2.0, betterruinslootchanges@0.0.2, blacksmithgloves@1.0.1, carryon@1.5.0, commonlib@2.2.0, cooperativecombat@1.1.1, divisionoflabor@1.0.6, expandedfoods@1.6.7, fromgoldencombs@1.4.21, lichen@1.6.2, loreweapons@1.0.1, petai@1.8.0, scarecrow@1.3.0, simplestep@1.0.8, vesselbuff@1.0.6, creative@1.18.8, survival@1.18.8, VsWaypointSharing@1.0.3, wildfarmingrevival@1.1.2, bugnetcompatibility@1.0.1, buzzybees@1.0.0, cats@1.8.0, maltiezfirearms@0.1.10, playercorpse@1.8.0, plumpkins@1.0.0
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACulinaryArtillery.ItemExpandedRawFood.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String[] ings, Vec3f rot, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at ACulinaryArtillery.ItemExpandedRawFood.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Single dt, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 196
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 509
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 695
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 379
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialogBlockEntity.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialogBlockEntity.cs:line 115
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 185
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 790
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 983
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 668
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 643
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 75
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 312
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 129
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93
Game Version: v1.18.8 (Stable)
9/6/2023 9:17:38 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.0.14
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.0.14, ancienttools@1.5.8, betterruins@0.2.2, bettertraders@0.0.2, buzzwords@1.4.0, cavecontent@1.0.1, hqzlights@1.1.1, caninae@0.1.1, capreolinae@1.0.4, pantherinae@1.0.7, furniturelibrary@1.0.9, giantgouramis@1.0.1, medieval@2.01.26, millwright@1.0.7, mbpc@1.0.0, leadroof@1.3.4, pondfrogsiii@1.2.2, unochre@1.1.0, pondfrogsi@1.2.2, peacockbasses@1.1.0, primitivesurvival@3.2.7, sortablestorage@1.9.0, strspawnchances@0.0.1, temporal_gears_stack@1.0.0, truesunfishes@1.1.0, game@1.18.8, wildcraft@1.6.6, animalcages@2.2.0, betterruinslootchanges@0.0.2, blacksmithgloves@1.0.1, carryon@1.5.0, commonlib@2.2.0, cooperativecombat@1.1.1, divisionoflabor@1.0.6, expandedfoods@1.6.7, fromgoldencombs@1.4.21, lichen@1.6.2, loreweapons@1.0.1, petai@1.8.0, scarecrow@1.3.0, simplestep@1.0.8, vesselbuff@1.0.6, creative@1.18.8, survival@1.18.8, VsWaypointSharing@1.0.3, wildfarmingrevival@1.1.2, bugnetcompatibility@1.0.1, buzzybees@1.0.0, cats@1.8.0, maltiezfirearms@0.1.10, playercorpse@1.8.0, plumpkins@1.0.0
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACulinaryArtillery.ItemExpandedRawFood.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, String[] ings, Vec3f rot, ITesselatorAPI tesselator)
   at ACulinaryArtillery.ItemExpandedRawFood.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Single dt, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 196
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 509
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 695
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 379
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialogBlockEntity.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialogBlockEntity.cs:line 114
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 185
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 790
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 983
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 668
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 643
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 75
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 312
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 129
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

I attempted to but everytime I'd try to stay in a single-player world, my game would crash. My goal was to replicate the foods I tried to create in a MP world that was using the .14 version and doesn't want to update in fear of breaking everything else after that occurred in their last MP world.

Edit 1: I'll try reinstalling Vintage Story itself, as I believe the root of the problem is from a lack of textures of the newly added foods (which my friends reported they did have textures for them)

Edit 2: I'm not entirely sure on if it was missing textures or if I updated incorrectly (and thusly more than just textures broke) but reinstalling fixed the issue.

Edited by Veri
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picking up water with a bottle from a water source block causes emptying the bottle to go funky, placing the bottle down refills the emptied water and risks phantom bottles appearing in the hotbar. Pouring the bottle into a bucket seems to fix the behavior.

And saucepan placed on a shelf floats (image below).

image.thumb.png.38ebd1dab853c57f8f2a106dc0553c8b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rias said:

Loving this mod so far. I have a question about spiles - does it matter what metal I cast them from? I.e, do bronze spiles drip faster / more than copper, etc?

Nope, not at all. It's aesthetic.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:40 AM, Mr Tango said:

Picking up water with a bottle from a water source block causes emptying the bottle to go funky, placing the bottle down refills the emptied water and risks phantom bottles appearing in the hotbar. Pouring the bottle into a bucket seems to fix the behavior.

And saucepan placed on a shelf floats (image below).

image.thumb.png.38ebd1dab853c57f8f2a106dc0553c8b.png

I don't think you can put saucepans on shelves normally. Do you have one of Craluminum / Dana's mods installed?

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1

Finally updated my server to the latest VS version with .net7 and the latest versions of ACA and EF! But... the pies are still not working. 😭 When I try to mix ingredients I still get the vanilla error message that you can't mix ingredient types. Is it known to be broken right now? Or do I have a bug? I was so excited for my chicken pot pies. 🥲

EDIT: Hm... Now it's working, but I didn't change anything. Very strange! But at least I can make my delightful mixed pies again! 🙌

Edited by Ari

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Cayden Centers said:

Using 1.0.15 on 1.18.15 
Just a question I didn't see asked: Can I make broth in a cauldron? The animation and sound started, but the arrow does not fill and it does not tell me it will create a product. After 8 firewood I did not want to keep wasting fuel if the answer is no. 

Yes, it should be 1 L of water per 1 bone.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Arimil said:

Should this be installed with Expanded Foods? Based on the description I assumed the answer is no they are already included there, but I see lots of people that have both installed.

The mod Expanded Foods requires A Culinary Artillery to work, but not the other way around.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello! Sorry for the radio silence, the holidays hit and I got a new computer. Tried moving all my mod workspaces from Windows 7 over to Linux and that could've gone better, so I had to stop modding for a while while I got my old computer set up again. You know how life is!

Anyway, I'm all set up again and I've been getting a lot of assistance updating ACA over Discord. The helpfulness of this community never stops putting a smile on my face. A lot of bugs/visual issues will be fixed and I plan on releasing a 1.19+ version this weekend. I still need to get the cookware trader to spawn properly, but that can wait for its own update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updated to 1.0.16!

- Numerous fixes thanks to Pursec:
-- Updated to 1.19
-- Meat hook visuals fixed
-- Expanded liquids work properly in Expanded Foods
-- Fixed boiling display issue
-- Added foodtag "eggshell" to egg shells so they are eaten in the trough
-- Bottle no longer vanishes when right-clicking on water
-- Eggs can be cracked again
- Polish translation updated (thanks to Sako47)
- Russian translation updated (thanks to vulpeep)
- French translation updated (thanks to PierreGac)
- Japanese translation updated (thanks to macoto_hino)
- Powered mixing bowl seals rooms (thanks to SalieriC for idea)
- Mini-cauldrons made bigger when on meat hooks
- Eggshells attract raccoons
- Egg shell and egg yolk items updated to 1.19 visuals
- Wild turkey egg yolk item & egg white/yolk/liquid added
- Holding animations adjusted for new first-person view

• Mind=blown 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.