Animal offspring stuck in snow/not eating or moving anymore

Xarl

Hello

Winter arrived at my current homestead and snow leads to newborn offpspring to become stuck/stop eating.
Has anybode else had that problem and if so, how to fix it?
Currently I am removing the snow inside the animal area, but it mostly helps only with adult animals who were stuck, not the young ones.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Xarl

• Xarl changed the title to Animal offspring stuck in snow/not eating or moving anymore

Picture samples of stuck offspring.
The parent animals rarely get stuck aswell, but keep going quick again.

So far I have been clearing new snow in the animal areas, but the newborns if stuck usually keep being stuck, won´t eat and thus won´t grow up I fear.

2022-12-29_12-42-14.png

2023-01-05_16-30-41.png

I am not sure about the need to feed the offspring to make them grow.

The only feeding mechanic implemented seems to be reproductive only: 10 portions for F, 1 portion for M for Fs get pregnant.

Anyway - make a roof :) It is quite cheap

Edited by BenLi

just to make clear re "maintain good body weight for slaughter":

if the offspring are born at winter - they are born with "poor" weight anyway even if their mother has "good" weight.

So you can do literally nothing to fix it by food. Need to wait for the summer for those piglets/pigs to re-gain to "decent" and "good".

Re lighting when making the roof: pigs have tons of fat. Fat lamps work perfect for lighting the stable, just remember not to place it by the fence so that the pigs don't escape.

Thanks for the replies!
Thought about a roof but was worried regarding animal despawning due to not enough light.
Also I would have to cover a wide area.
I just wondered if other people have the stuck offspring aswell, it irritated me quite a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.