what's going on with crops? like seriously

1Joachim1
Go to solution Solved by 1Joachim1,

so in a previous post (Growing (a beard while waiting) ) i asked why crops took like 2 full months to grow. but now i have another question related to them. why are they growing so differently between them??? 

if you check the image you can see that some linen has grown to maturity (9/9) (first row on the left, middle-bottom) but there's some that's not even started to grow. most of it sits at 1/9, some at 3/9 and 4/9

what's goin on with this crazy disparity? 

also, the coldest temperature i've registered in my place is 10ºC and onions are "cold damaged" (which in the tooltip says they can support -1ºC) and it's 10 of may 

2023-07-20_11-50-14.png

8 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

What does the tooltip say when you mouse over the crops that grow the slowest?

It should list things like nutrient availability, moisture, and growth speed.

everything is more or less the same fir water. for the ones more in the middle (encased in water), humidity is 75%, the ones more on the left side (Without water) are around 50% humidity (as expected)

all of the linen is growing in terra pretta. 

the ones that are growing 4/9 have 65'9% k with a 96% speed growth
the ones that are growing 3/9 have 71'2% k with a 97% speed growth
the ones that are growing 1/9 have 80% k with a 107% speed growth.
the mature ones were sitting on a 41,9% k 

That's weird, all right. Were you watering them or just counting on your irrigation ditches to supply everything? Reason I ask is that the row that is at ~50% moisture level absolutely should have been slower than the row with ~75%. Or did you just wait for both to be mature, instead of harvesting it as it came in?

Pretty good luck finding terra preta, though. Three full stacks. If I find a single stack in a game, I feel pretty good about it. My current game is June 2, and I have found a total of 11 blocks from 2 different deposits. (Yes, usually it's half or 3/4 of a stack per deposit, but not in this game...)

On 7/20/2023 at 12:44 PM, Streetwind said:

And they were all planted at the same time?

yep

4 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

That's weird, all right. Were you watering them or just counting on your irrigation ditches to supply everything? Reason I ask is that the row that is at ~50% moisture level absolutely should have been slower than the row with ~75%. Or did you just wait for both to be mature, instead of harvesting it as it came in?

Pretty good luck finding terra preta, though. Three full stacks. If I find a single stack in a game, I feel pretty good about it. My current game is June 2, and I have found a total of 11 blocks from 2 different deposits. (Yes, usually it's half or 3/4 of a stack per deposit, but not in this game...)

that's what confused the heck out of me too. the save already had 2 ingame years (i stopped playing mid may year 2) and used to explore a lot in the winter times to the south, the save was prior the 1.18 update tho, i couldn't play before because i was in another country for work, but i'm home again and i took the save that i already had because i had a cozy house and a lot of paths.. the save uses the "from golden combs" mod  but i higly doubt it changes anything about the crops.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.