[ Suggestion ] Plant and Livestock Genetics

Creative Principle

Perhaps you mean plant breeding. Since, based on the plants available in the game, they do not have genetic diversity (except for the apple tree, it has three species). As for animals, there are very few of them at the moment. Waiting for game updates.

Edited by egorvsv

There sort of already is, at least for animals. It's just that it's been streamlined to "3rd generation can be slain with cleaver", etc. You wouldn't want anything "realistic" genetically speaking -- centuries of artificial selection to get even minor variations, millennia for anything significant. In a game that lots of people don't play more than a year or two before generating a new world. 

Sure, but how many generations are you getting in a year? Even if every generation had one beneficial mutation/trait, and there were never any bad traits or recessive genes, and it bred true within that direct line of that packet of seeds or for that lamb or piglet, how long would it take to crossbreed something that would be better than, say, just planting another couple blocks of parsnips, or milking an additional ewe? IME, a multiplayer server that runs for 4 game years is pretty unusual. I'm not sure I've ever seen a game with 10th generation sheep, for example.

Bad traits should be included I agree, as for how many generations should be allowed it should depend on the growth time of each plants and if it's kept in a greenhouse or not. You could get around 4 generations with a greenhouse and 2 outside depending on which biome you'd be in.

Side note: perhaps when these crops generate they'll have different genetics in a cluster, you could have something like 3 differentials per biome of the same crop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.