crop moisture totally broken

Malnaur

I am in an area where it rains very heavily and sometimes for days at a time. My crops seem to often ignore the rain and show moisture only based on proximity of water block. The moisture also drops very fast without rain/watering can. Also, growth rate seems unreliable (some blocks are slow regardless of fertility/moisture). Very frustrating!

46 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

Known issue in 1.18.8. You can either wait for an update, or look on the modDB, there's a mod that fixes it.

Huh. I just figured the crops had been rebalanced. Never noticed the moisture was different. Does explain why in early game before I have a bucket, and there are some crops outside the normal 75% range that I hand-water, and they mature so much faster.

Guess I either need to get that mod (seem to recall it increased the adjacent to 100%, and I wasn't really interested in anything that made the base game easier) or start watering all of them, not waste time making a "proper" farm until second planting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.