Early game enemy difficulty/ enemy spawning

Falmingkitter

Why are there so many enemies so early in a new world? A wolf or two is fine, even a couple drifters in/ around caves, but why do bears and new rifts spawn on day 0? Every single run I've attempted I've run across a wolf or bear on day 0, and every starter campsite I've set up so far has had a rift spawn close enough to hear it on the first night at low rift activity, and as I type this I have to hear moaning and groaning all night from 5+ drifters who are hunting me through my dirt walls. Does this game have a difficulty ramp up aside from the periodic temporal storm? 

I thought so when I started out, too, but after playing a while, realized that disabling enemy spawns around your spawn point means not an fixed location, but rather everywhere in a 5,000 block radius around that, would mean that many players would not see foes until they are forced to search for tin. I'd definitely rather learn to deal with them when I've only got 5 minutes invested than once I've spent hours building a homestead, started getting animals domesticated, etc. 

If it bothers you (and probably it soon won't) just set them to passive so they leave you alone, yet you can get a feel for how bad they are under circumstances you control. You can always change them back to default behavior later.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.