Error Connecting To Host

Harmonica

I'm trying to host so that me and my friends can play, but when I set it up we get this error when they try joining. My suspicion was mods that we had installed but then we all disabled them and it still didn't let them connect, in previous versions (1.18.9-10) they could connect. If anyone has a clue to why this doesn't work please let me know.

Untitled.png

Got same error, in addition to that in server console I'm seeing message:

Master server response status: bad
Could not register to master server, master server says: port not open

I've double checked port forwarding on my router and it's set to 42420 all protocols

So my suspicion is that master server is using different port for some reason.

----

I've tried to enable Upnp and got this Message:

image.png.a6fb161cc1e3af0e883d3b64e34f3e2c.png

And in router logs I'm seeing message:

2023-09-26 15:24:45 NAT NOTICE [20846] Virtual server created succeeded[ex-port:42420 ip: in-port:42420 protocol:all]

So I guess forwarding rule creates ok, but, still not able to connect

Edited by Denis Kosher

And you are absolutely sure you've provided the right IP to connect to and setup ports for the correct computer that's hosting the server? Some routers and modems, especially when in combo, will have different methods of doing it. Lastly, did you make sure the individual computers are not blocking the connection?

8 hours ago, Denis Kosher said:

@Rhyagelle, yes yes and yes.

This issue started to occur only on Monday this week, and prior to that ~12 different players played on this server from different parts of the world. Now - nobody is able to connect.

It seems like an ISP issue. You should contact your ISP and make sure they didn't revert settings, changed anything or something. 

RESOLVED: 
So I've resolved an issue by reserving public IP at my internet services provider
Therefore - vintage story server is not able host a server if you are a part of subdomain - to check it, go to your router and verify if your public IP listed there start from 10. (sites like myip and other ones will not help here, since they will show IP of the sub-domain entry point)

But the thing is that there are plenty of game servers which are working from the sub-net.

Therefore current solution is simply a workaround, and ideally developers need to add a way to manually specify public IP in the server configuration.

By doing that - they will resolve an issue of master server knocking on sub-net IP door

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.