Bad Discord experience

Shinoskay

6 hours ago, Shinoskay said:

Is this a good place to do so?

That depends. If you have a general issue with the way the community is acting, perhaps it's worth discussing.

If you have an issue with one specific other Discord member, or you have an issue with moderation (i.e. you got warned off or suspended by a moderator for your behavior), that's not something for the forum. Public shaming of individuals is frowned upon and will likely trigger moderation, and discussing moderation itself is similarly against the rules in a lot of communities (although I don't know the VS specific rules on that off the top of my head).

5 hours ago, Streetwind said:

That depends. If you have a general issue with the way the community is acting, perhaps it's worth discussing.

If you have an issue with one specific other Discord member, or you have an issue with moderation (i.e. you got warned off or suspended by a moderator for your behavior), that's not something for the forum. Public shaming of individuals is frowned upon and will likely trigger moderation, and discussing moderation itself is similarly against the rules in a lot of communities (although I don't know the VS specific rules on that off the top of my head).

it is largely about one mod, though there were a few members who joined in.

I actually have had a good experience all around from the discord moderation, two were very helpful and reasonable.

so there is a good chance the discussion I am/was interested in having would end up being a rant about one person (which likely constitutes as public shaming).

So, thank you for your advice and perspective.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.