Need help cause my friends crash a lot when we co-op

MiGHT_GP

Hello, except that Ive never met other problems with the game but this bug is very problematic, so my friends keep crashing we just bought the game and we are playing in my game, i have a really good internet connection (minimum 250MB/S) and a very good computer, my friends have both good connection but bad computers, when they play offline they dont crash it only happens online, does someone have a solution ?

What machine are you running? Is it on SSD or HD? Are you just starting a single player world and opening it to network play, or are you running a separate process as a server? If not a separate process, have you tried reducing the settings on your machine? For example, long view distances are very taxing on the CPU because of all the world database access required. Roughly speaking, it increases demand with the square of the view distance. If you are using a long view distance, it doesn't really matter how low your friends run theirs, because yours is hogging all the database access time, particularly if you are running on a HD.

YMMV, but I've not been too happy with less than a separate i7 set up as a server. The i5 I used to have set up would start to show worldgen lag with more than about 3 users running flat out in different directions at moderately high settings, as we are wont to do.

[EDIT]

It might actually be better to seek some help on the Discord channel. Not knocking anyone on the forum, I just know I'm not in the same ballpark as the guys there.

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.