What do you all think about character Voices?

Big Shasta

Or... the lack thereof?

Hey everyone, I thought I would bring this to General, since I've had this issue with the game for some time. There is a bug I just added to the issue tracker, where voices/beards are reassigned to a player upon character creation, leaving you with a different "instrument" and "tone" of voice than the one you choose!

So my questions to YOU, dear players, are:

Do you USE the high pitched voices? Have you EVER met ANYONE who does? ...did they go deaf? maybe they already were - i digress.

Is there any info about the coming character voice/ 'no-more-instrument' rework?

Have any of you noticed the lack of voice volume options in the game?

Have any of you wanted to create a new character at some point on a multiplayer server, and were astounded that you need to run a server command to initiate this process?

Ok, this isn't a crusade, but I honestly do not understand how anyone plays with this bug which I reported. Even IF I am just dumb, and only I have this problem, the presence of voice volume controls in the options and/or character recreation being able to be requested from the client could/would easily solve this issue for me, or at least make it something I could live with.

Thoughts? ... cheers

Edited by Big Shasta

I don't like new characters voices. I tried different setting and always it sounds bad like something is scratching my brain. It would be nice to make them less loud. Volume bar for them is very good idea. It's hard to play at night when you try do build something and drifters throw rocks at you and you here never ending beep beep beep...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.