Game menu bug

noet

Ever since the .net7 update I have been struggling to play the game. After launching it the game briefly shows "Loading shaders" and suddenly goes completely black, only the music is playing and the game cursor seems to be present. I have tried reinstalling both the game and .net7 as suggested by the site but still couldn't solve the problem.

bug.png

Did some searching, afraid i am not going to be much help, but two notes, and a bump (which is probably the most helpful thing i'm doing here).

whens the last time you ran a virus scanner, might want to give it a whirl, a full scan, if you haven't already. seems like a stretch, but whenever its a weird/uncommon problem its a good start. you, like me, seem to have a unique issue.

read a thread where people were mentioning the 3070 got flaky when memory got tight. some even mentioned black screens, although this was in the game, not just starting the application, still, if you haven't already, start shutting everything you can down. I know it worked before, but this is microsoft(.net) and it tends to be unneccessarily bulky and intrusive, who knows what its doing, and moreover it might be conflicting with or commandeering something. so you will be saving ram and removing potential conflicts.

you might want to go so far, if you can that is, as to shut down any apps that came with the RTX, if you don't need them. most people don't use that software anyway in my experience but install it all the same.. just once to see anyway.

i'm assuming the drivers are up to date.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.