Totally rand & incomplete ideas...Immersion+

amoon

Totally random and incomplete ideas for more immersion:

wooden butcher block to carve carcasses into meat & byproducts (increased efficency/yield vs butchering on the ground)
stone table (like butcher block) to pound plant matter to fibers
spinning wheel to twist fibers into threads/yarns
loom to weave fiber to cloth
raw hides need to be scraped/soaked/salted/stretched & sun dried
tanning frame to cure hides
tailoring table (maybe gen purpose table with dynamic recipes based on placed item?) to cut & assemble cloth/leather with thread/sinew

general purpose table could have a grid for placing recipe items 3x4? 6x9? dynamic based on table size? recipe categories could include food prep (chopping/assembly(sandwiches!)), sewing/cutting(cured leather,woven cloth), tool assembly/repair(rebinding w/sinew/rope/twine (think NeoLithic tool binding (knapped rock + stick != usable tool), sharpening/re-knapping to extend durability)

• Like 1

It's nice to know that other people have also considered some of my ideas. I can remain assured that I'm not totally insane (yet).

Another idea I've been tossing around in my head is a cart, 2 wheeled perhaps, pulled behind the player (2 free hands!) that would be a portable container. IDK whether VS can even accommodate moving container entities. Thankfully my job is not coding, I'm in the dept. of imagination. :) A wheeled cart would realistically require some form of ramp to travel uphill though.

...ramblings of a dreamer.

Edited by Anthony Mooney
Grammar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.