Multiplayer server crash, possible culprit/bug?

xXx_Ape_xXx

We're having issues with our multiplayer server crashing lately, and we've not been able to figure this one out, because of several factors, and I was hoping maybe someone in the community could share some light on what's going on.

We're running on a hosted server, and all access we have is ftp/web, and no control of server auto restart or inline parameters. When the server restarts, it deletes all the logs, so we have no way of error searching other than what the players on the server at the given time can tell us. We have a script in place that culls the logs every 5 minutes to a off site machine that we can examine, but they rarely hold any viable info for the moment when things go wonky and the server restarts.

Yesterday we did however get some info in the logs that could be the culprit, but we're not sure. It was caught at the moment it happened, and one of our admins were online to snag the log before it got deleted, and it contained something that we think might be a bug, or at least the reason for the server crashing.

20.2.2024 05:02:38 [Notification] Client OMGDeadtoast tried to place a block but rejected because OnPlaceBlock returns false. Failure code entityintersecting
[...]
20.2.2024 05:03:28 [Notification] Client OMGDeadtoast tried to place a block but rejected because it would intersect with another player
20.2.2024 05:03:29 [Notification] Exception thrown when trying to initialize a block entity @12801, 112, 18039: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.TryMount(IMountable onmount) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityAgent.cs:line 188
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityPlayer.TryMount(IMountable onmount) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\EntityPlayer.cs:line 1174
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityBed.Initialize(ICoreAPI api) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEBed.cs:line 89
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemSupplyChunks.mainThreadLoadChunkColumn(ChunkColumnLoadRequest chunkRequest) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\LoadThread\SupplyChunks.cs:line 887

I've tried to replicate this on a SP world to see if I can get the same result, but I only got the part where it says block placement is rejected, and not the failure code that follows in the above example.

The server is the latest stable release 1.19.3

Our host is Gportal

Mods we use:

• A Culinary Artillery 1.1.0
  • Animal Cages 3.0.2
  • Better Ruins 0.3.3
  • Bricklayers 2.5.0
  • Expanded Matter 2.5.0
  • Expanded Foods 1.6.8
  • Joy of Sailing 1.2.8
  • Player Corpse 1.19.0
  • Player List 1.8.0
  • Primitive Survival 3.4.6
  • Resin on all Sides 1.0.0
  • xlib 0.7.4
  • xskills 0.7.5
  • CommonLib 2.3.2

If anyone has any clue, or pointers, to what's going on, we would be very grateful.

If any info is needed, I will try to give it as best I can.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.