A checkbox in the options to disable the slow/lagged mouse movement in water

I don't mind the new (since 1.19.4-rc1) slowed mouselook/cursor movement in the water, but adding a checkbox in the options for that would likely be a good move. It gives some people the distinct sensation of seasickness, and I know of at least two players who simply can't stand trying to swim now.

Edited by StCatharines
  • Like 4

Good post. I personally do not like it at all. At first I thought it was my pc lagging which can't be it since it's more than powerful enough. It made think of my previous pc which would have frame drops in the forest that had the slow mouse thing going on. It really feels like mouse/fps lag.

I hope they add a way to disable or detune it!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I definitely don't want to jump down the "realism is king" rabbit hole with this. At its core, the mouse lag is an aesthetic inconvenience added for realism. I personally enjoy going into creative mode and building big Lovecraftian monoliths and temples in underwater caves, and the mouse lag makes this really, really tedious and difficult to do with any dexterity. If my issue was the only issue I'd pipe down and go hunting for a mod, but the fact that it's affecting folks with more serious, material issues is enough justification to add my take to the mix.

• Like 1

Oh, the effect happens in Creative, too? Yeah, I'd say that needn't be. But in Survival and up, underwater construction should be more difficult than surface construction. I don't care how, just that there should be some bragging rights to doing an underwater build.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.