Mouse wheel problems?

dakko

Hi folks. I've had some problems with the mouse wheel not scrolling across the inventory slots properly. After attempting to adjust it with the settings slider, the map can no longer be enlarged; no matter which direction I scroll, the map only gets smaller.

Changing the slider in 1.19 has also affected 1.18 which now no longer works either. I installed 1.19 and played for a little while last night without changing the slider and the map was fine. This morning, after fiddling with the slider and realizing that it broke the map, returning the slider to default settings did not fix the map problem. I even deleted clientsettings and didn't make any changes to the mouse settings, and it still did not return to the original state.

Anyone have any idea of what I should do? Have you heard anyone else mention this problem? (I do not use discord) I did post in the Vintarian Support section but it doesn't look like support is active there.

I don't use the map, so can't speak to that, but for the last couple versions, I've seen intermittent issues with mouse wheel. Mostly I just don't use the mouse wheel anymore except by accident, but every time I ran into problems scrolling hotbar, I'd scroll into backpack slots and that would seem to fix it.

Mostly I stopped using it because if I had free space in hotbar, sometimes when I was trying to rapidly scroll, it would pick up something in the hotbar and place it in the empty slot. If I was in a hurry to get healing, and scroll past an empty spot several times, it might completely screw up the hotbar. Inconsistent enough and irritating enough that the wheel wasn't worth bothering with.

Weapon in slot 1, torches in slot 2, primary tool (empty if picking up sticks or stones) in 3, healing in slot 4. 1&4 are selectable while holding down "w", 2&3 are convenient when I'm not busy dodging.

@Thorfinn Just switched to a Logitech mouse and both problems are gone. Scrolling is normal in inventory, and also enlarging map (had been using a Microsoft mouse, both new as of a few months ago). I'm curious to know if you happen to be using a Microsoft mouse too?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.