Do Dead Crops "Revive"?

King Doggo
Go to solution Solved by ifoz,

I'm not a Botanist or an Herbalist, but a friend told me that many crops in nature will grow back after "dying" in winter so long as the roots are intact - Does Vintage Story simulate this? I'm in March and I'm debating sowing my first batch of produce.

Thanks!

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I don't think they do. I had a pumpkin patch that had died sitting there for in-game years and they never re-grew.
This doesn't mean you should not farm. Farming gives incredible amounts of food as well as precious, precious flax.

Edited by ifoz
Grammar.

17 minutes ago, ifoz said:

I don't think they do. I had a pumpkin patch that had dies sitting there for in-game years and they never re-grew.
This doesn't mean you should not farm. Farming gives incredible amounts of food as well as precious, precious flax.

Oh I'm still going to farm! Building a place to put my rotation now instead of.. Well.. Just a few patches out by the lake - Was just wondering so I wouldn't have to remove my Dead crops if they'd come back; Thank you!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.