Ingot Arrays?

King Doggo

I have not the slightest what it's actually called - But I was thinking; Wouldn't being able to connect channels of liquid metal to several ingot molds be a lot better than individually filling each and every ingot mold manually?

I wish I could portray what I was thinking but I can't find a reference image for the life of me.

That kind of thing is used for mass-producing metal in a major furnace. You poke a hole in the furnace, the molten metal flows out and runs along sand channels into ingot-shaped depressions.

We do not have this kind of furnace in Vintage Story - we smelt metal in a handheld crucible in a campfire.

Now, the fact that said handheld crucible can hold more metal than the aforementioned major mass-production furnace is another topic entirely... :P (There's actually a mod available to limit the crucible's maximum allowed content.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

That kind of thing is used for mass-producing metal in a major furnace. You poke a hole in the furnace, the molten metal flows out and runs along sand channels into ingot-shaped depressions.

We do not have this kind of furnace in Vintage Story - we smelt metal in a handheld crucible in a campfire.

Now, the fact that said handheld crucible can hold more metal than the aforementioned major mass-production furnace is another topic entirely... :P (There's actually a mod available to limit the crucible's maximum allowed content.)

Well of course, gamification and all that - I understand it's done on such large scale manufacturing plants, but were there never more... Primitive designs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.