Hematite dropping out of nowhere during temporal storm?

I was standing in my 1x1 during a medium temporal storm looking out my window at the chaos outside my home, when all of the sudden, a full stack of hematite dropped on a pile of peat in front of me. It happened right after that robotic beep-boop sound you sometimes hear. I did have some hematite in my inventory but the quantity was intact. No chests were open. I had a block of sand in my hand. Never seen this happen before. 

Bug or feature?

Edited by Unbeliever69

Something definitely sounds a little fishy here. I'm guessing that, if it really happened, you either threw the hematite on the ground by mistake and didn't notice, or mistook some of the rust particles emitted from the ground to be hematite. The robotic beep-boop could be any number of things, as temporal storms distort all sounds into weird static. Most of the time, it's a drifter you're hearing.

What I'm questioning is how exactly did a stack of hematite drop onto a pile of peat in front of you, if you were standing in a 1x1 area? Did you block the door with peat instead of using a proper door(which doesn't make sense as if you have iron, you have the means the make a proper door)? Was it piled outside the window(which I'm guessing was glass to keep the crawlers out)? I'm definitely with @Thorfinn on this one, in that something's just not adding up about your story. If it did actually happen as you say it did, you've either got a mod causing some issues, or encountered a one-in-a-million bug.

• Like 1

Oh, you are right, he said pile of peat. I thought he meant he built his vertical coffin in front of a peat deposit, and something like a meteor crashed in front of him.

1 hour ago, LadyWYT said:

Did you block the door with peat

Does that work? I never thought to try it. Back when I was starting out, I've used slabs and fences so I could reach through, (though some higher drifters must have an insanely long reach -- as good as my spear) but never thought to try the humble piece of peat to block ingress. If a single layer could keep them out, and keep them at a distance... no, probably not a good idea if you are going to use pit kilns to start them on fire. ;) One of the quartzes ground stacks as layers, doesn't it?

But that does give me an idea to try out. If it works, I rate it   🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Does that work? I never thought to try it. Back when I was starting out, I've used slabs and fences so I could reach through, (though some higher drifters must have an insanely long reach -- as good as my spear) but never thought to try the humble piece of peat to block ingress. If a single layer could keep them out, and keep them at a distance... no, probably not a good idea if you are going to use pit kilns to start them on fire. ;) One of the quartzes ground stacks as layers, doesn't it?

It'll keep them out if you pile it high enough, though whether anything can hit through it I'm not entirely sure. I don't think anything can. As for single layers keeping them out, I'm not aware of any that do at this moment, although if the opening in question is only one block then a single layer probably will keep them out while allowing hits(from both sides). In regards to the quartz--I know the regular quartz stacks. I would assume the others do as well.

43 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

But that does give me an idea to try out. If it works, I rate it   🧀🧀🧀🧀🧀

If it works you'll have to rate what kind of 🧀, heh heh. I'm really curious now as to whether it's a workable strategy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.