Charcoal bug?

Wahazar

I tried to make charcoal in TFC style: enclosed heap of firewood, top one is ignited and covered by dirt. Particles and blooming were present, but when finished, firewood was intact.

Now I realized, that wiki is talking about firepit on top of wood stack. I will try to make firepit, but anyway, igniting of woodstack by torch seems to work either, unless it didn't.

When making charcoal, you do have to use a firepit. If you simply ignite the wood, the best case is that the block you ignited burns and leaves the rest alone. Worst case, all of the wood is simply burned. If you hear fire, it's not working right!

Incidentally, when you make a proper charcoal pit, the tooltip on the firepit will change to "charcoal pit (unlit)". Once you light it, it changes to something about having 30 in-game minutes to cover it.

• Thanks 1

I know I need to cover burning pile. Issue is, that I ignited it by torch (now I know it should be firepit), I covered flames with dirt, glowing/particles were seen for about one day (but nothing burned finally) - like there is some obsolete code for burning with TFC method.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.