Can merchants sell prospecting info or cords?

MICHAEL CAMPBELL

was out prospecting for Halite the other day and thought to my self man this is rough after taking about 70 or so samples in a limstone desert I thought Does the game know where the deposits exsits?

I wonder if it would be posible to create a trader that was a prospector? I wonder if it would be posible to allow him to sell cords to various deposits in the way of papers that had the mineral or ores listed and then cords including all the x.y.z ? You could increase asking price for the more rare minerals and or ores. This could solve a real problem for some folks who are exspressing a need for a better or less difficult prospecting system and alow players that dont particularly want to spend hundreds of hours looking for a specific deposit such as salt.

Perhaps all traders in addition to there regular role could also sell prospecting papers for ores and minerals within a certian range of them specificaly? creating even more of a reason for player interation with them as well?

Edited by MICHAEL CAMPBELL
  • Like 1

It's definitely a way to solve the bronze problem some people have.   And Tyron has, in the past, confirmed that he'd like for traders to sell maps to some of the hidden loot chests and isolated ruins that exist underground. Traders are pretty unrealiable though, especially if it's just one trader that has the goods.  I think we're going to get more and more traders as time goes on.  So I think we don't want to rely on them for mainline ores necessarily.  But something optional like halite does seem like it should be ok.

It would and my thought would be to simply add a location  or two that changes randomly along with there other stock for only a certain radius around that merchant listing cords for ruins loot or ores. It would definatly provide an additional tool to find resources that might be difficult and time intensive to find! While trade is nice as is I do not really find it compelling enough to regularly viisit merchants or interact with them now. So this could also provide additional intreractions with them and help make them a more interesting find and or location to visit. After all most traveling merchants and or trade caravans in the past were also a valuble source of not only goods but information as well.

Edited by MICHAEL CAMPBELL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.