Mob jump abilities

Sparkle Kitti

Can someone add to the wiki entries for each mob their jumping capabilities? I built dirt walls around my base and made sure that there wasn't anywhere they could use to jump over them, or so I thought, but I'm still seeing hares, raccoons, and the occasional drifter inside my base. I'm pretty sure my lighting is fine, and I'm not allowing any tall grass so I couldn't figure it out. Now I'm seeing the occasional dead animal at a certain spot on my base and they died from fall damage. So there must be a spot, or more, where they can jump despite my efforts to prevent it.

On a side note, Am entry on the raccoons would be nice. I'd do it, but I don't know how to look into the code to see their settings or how to zoom in to take a pic.

Ok so hares spawn in grass that is on a full dirt block.  So they can spawn in your base if you have dirt with grass growing on it (i.e. more than just a green top face).  They will not spawn in grass that grows on farmland though.   So what you've got there is totally vulnerable to hares.  Racoons are only supposed to spawn by trees though.  And drifters require some darkness.   If you're getting all those things though I'd say there's a fair chance the problem is they're getting over the wall.  Which I can't tell very well without seeing the outside conditions.

12 minutes ago, redram said:

So what you've got there is totally vulnerable to hares.  Racoons are only supposed to spawn by trees though.  And drifters require some darkness.

No growing grass or trees in my base. I just learned how to use the .lightutil command so I'll check with that to see if my math was correct on lighting distances. Drifters require two air blocks to spawn, right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.