Medieval Weapons v0.1

JabZ

Hey JabZ, while it does sound good, i do think that maces doing more damg makes not really a lot of sense.

why not give em a small knockback effekt?

I would instead give the extra damg to waraxes. I would also make both weapons a bit slower to make the sword not completly worthless. you could also give both maces and axes a bit more durability, since bladed weapons tend to wear down faster than blunt ones (axes beeing a bit inbetween but more on the blunt weapon side)

Edited by Kaelty

I'll take your suggestions into consideration. Making them slower was planned but I wasn't able to get it to work. The knockback effect sounds like a generally good idea, so I'll definetly implement that in the next update. More durability will be done too but needs a lot of testing.

• 8 months later...

stunning an enemy is one of the greatest strengths of a mace, and they are normally about as fast, if not faster than a sword, but dont actually damage all that much.  so maybe that could be worked in? a slow effect perhaps or a pause of actions?  meanwhile axes normally do the most damage in one hit and ignore armor while lopping off limbs, but are hard to get back out and take more energy.  a war sledge could also be added that does crazy high damage, but requires windup to swing and downtime to catch your breath, but also knocks things down/back and stuns/maims.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.