Creative Tabs and cave sounds (v1.3.2)

Tyron

Folksly Vintarians!
Version 1.3.2 is now available for download in the account manager.

At long last, a new game version. It was supposed to include the new entity animation system. It's all implemented but one last glitch remained that will require some more work to fix, but after two months fiddling with animations I wanted to work on something else again. So now with the help of Josh and Hayden we have creative tabs and ambient cave music.

I actually forgot to fix that weird texture bug with torches, so enjoy creepy torch textures with our brand new creep cave sounds! >:D

Updates

• Feature: New music track "To Dawn, from a Very Rainy Night"
  • Feature: Ambient Cave music
    • 33 ambient track pieces that are dynamically composed together when being in places devoid of sunlight (i.e. caves)
    • Dynamically blends tracks when moving between overground and underground 
    • Improved music system that will allow more kinds of dynamically composed tracks in the future
  • Feature: Added tabs for the creative inventory
  • Feature: New blocks: Paper Lantern, Chair and Table
  • Feature: New server config to enable disable spawning of creatures
  • Feature: New server command /serverconfig Allows setting various sever settings while the server is running. Currently available: 
    • maxchunkradius: Set max view distance
    • maxclients: Set max allowed players that can join
    • antiabuse: Enable/Diable anticheat mode
    • onlywhitelist: Toggle whitliste mode (=only allow players to join that are on a whitelist)
    • entityspawning: Disable/Enable spawning of creatures (=drifters)
  • Feature: Mod API updates
    • Refactored API namespaces to follow a cleaner design pattern
    • Added IBlockEntityContainer interface to access block entity inventories
    • Added GetLightLevel() method for convenient access to a positions light leves
    • Added getters for sunlight and blocklight levels in the world accessor
    • Added ability to load hierarchical shapes for blocks, items and entities
    • Added ability to render entities from a shape, added support to load and run animations
    • Improved documentation in various places
  • Tweak: Drifters no longer target player in creative or spectator mode
  • Tweak: Placing stairs now are placed upside down depending on whether targeting the upper or lower half of a block
  • Tweak: Increased max configurable mouse sensitivy from 150 to 200
  • Fixed: Played picking up items after death
  • Fixed: Game instance not fully stopped after leaving a world, causing increased memory usage and potentially other weird behavior
  • Fixed: Create NPC command not working
  • Fixed: A crash the sometimes occured when loading a world

2017-03-09_13-01-27.thumb.png.ff49830f9beaaa89c55cd18290227aaf.png
2017-03-09_13-01-39.thumb.png.8ef2be1e478871589f8a006c3d3bcce1.png

View full record

I have been trying out the new table and chair, its really great to have items that fill a space as working additions rather than being things that only look like furniture, but act as obstacles. it will be interesting to see what modders do with the new additions. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ivan said:

I have been trying out the new table and chair, its really great to have items that fill a space as working additions rather than being things that only look like furniture, but act as obstacles. it will be interesting to see what modders do with the new additions. 

Im glad You enjoy new items! ^_^ Table will be given an essential use later in game for mixing and preparing meals. Chair only acts as decorative block for now but I will be happy if somebody comes up with other practical use for it. Maybe sitting could recover heath more fast?

• Like 1

I can think of a few uses for table and chairs. primarily they would revolve around the players ability to organize certain things or interact with other players. For instance two players sitting at a table might be able to share inventory items, by placing them on a table (clicking on the table opening a inventory screen that players can drag and drop items to and from).

I would say though that the chair should not be a full block in width/length. If it were shorter the players articulated avatar could be seated within one single block space rather than extending into two (or having to sit entirely on top of the chair).

3 hours ago, Ivan said:

I would say though that the chair should not be a full block in width/length. If it were shorter the players articulated avatar could be seated within one single block space rather than extending into two (or having to sit entirely on top of the chair).

Oh, that's right. But aesthetically half or less of a chair might look a bit funny though...

3 hours ago, Saraty said:

Oh, that's right. But aesthetically half or less of a chair might look a bit funny though...

True, but it would give a chair a direction to face. For example if four chairs were placed facing a single table, a player clicking anywhere on a chair would be inserted into the chair facing the way the chair is orientated. So four players would end up facing each other over a table.

Logically there would be a default dismount direction from a chair, but perhaps only used if the way the player entered the chair is no longer available for some reason. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.