XLib and XSkills

Xandu

1 minute ago, Pamela Wild said:

I have the same issue.  Running 1.16.0 and XSkills 0.6.7.

I know. i already fixed it internally. A fix will be included in the next update. The name of the mushrooms were changed and mushrooms need a little bit of extra treatment.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, Vincent Morgan said:

I've been playing with the mod for a few days and I have to say it's amazing. It's a lot of fun and has made me do things I wouldn't bother with otherwise, just because of the promise of cool abilities.

Before I continue, I must say that I'm playing with double experience because I wanted to sort of "catch up" to the time I've spent playing without it. I also allowed myself to specialize in all skills, because since I'm playing solo, I have to do everything. Also all the cool skills are locked behind the specializations, which is a cool concept but I'm grateful for the ability to change the limit in the config files.

Some feedback:

Master Smith is incredibly strong. The fact that it needs Metalworker is the one thing that would keep it in check on a multiplayer server. It makes Heating Hits, Finishing Touch and Automated Smithing obsolete. You can work anything and everything in mere seconds without breaking a sweat and it's lovely. I do understand that working the hammer is a skill one must learn and improve on, but by the time you get Master Smith you're probably a bit tired of moving voxels around manually so it actually avoids boring repeated gameplay. I would still consider increasing its level or something to make it a bit harder to get. But at this point, on solo play, I can't live without it so I'd say it's the best skill out of the entire tree.

Helvehammers still let you get experience. Not sure if intended, but I was happy to find that out because even with double experience I still needed over half a year of working with nothing but iron and steel to get to level 11. And before Master Smith getting that much experience working nothing but blooms and plates is very grindy.

The Blacksmith skill quality feature is nice, if a bit RNG. The durability bonuses, at least up to quality of 5.0 aren't anything special but I would still need to make higher level ones to really be able to tell. The biggest thing about it is that I've found a way to get very high quality plates. When making plates, if you have two plates of a differing quality in your inventory, their qualities average out, which I assume is the intented way of dealing with stacking plates of different qualities. But on the other hand, if you put a plate down on the ground, any other plates you stack on top of it will inherit its quality in full. As in:

If you put a plate with a quality of 2.34 on the ground and then stack a plate with a quality of 5.15 on top of it, then take both plates from the stack both will be with a quality of 2.34. This works the other way around as well, which has let me get 30+ plates with the exact same quality of 5.15. You just put the highest quality plate on the ground and then stack the rest on top of it. All the while you check each new plate you make to see if it has a higher quality which, if it does, you make a new stack on the ground with it and then toss all your other plates on top to upgrade them.

Speaking of quality, one issue I have with it is that if even if I make a sword blade with a quality of 5.0, the fact that I then need to craft it with a stick which has no quality whatsoever, results in a sword with a quality much lower than what I had. It's rather disappointing.

Huge Stomach, Beemaster, Master Smith and Canteen Cook are the best abilites to ever exist, hands down. I think you've spoiled me and I wouldn't be able to play without them.

Addendum: I forgot to talk about Geologist. That skill is also incredibly strong. At max level it's a propick integrated into a normal pickaxe. I feel like it should instead either enable the secondary tool mod for prospecting picks or simply transferring the currently existing functionality from the normal pickaxes to them. Having it as what's pretty much a passive ability might be a bit too strong and it would be cool to have some extra functionality on the prospecting pick instead of the normal one.

Another thing about Geologist is that it loves to spam your currently open chat window with messages, even if you've already found the ore. Here's some suggestions:

1. Limit the Geologist readings to the Info chat window only. Currently it posts in whichever window you have open which can drown out general chat. I know that in singleplayer you don't use chat a lot but I think it belongs in the Info window anyway.

2. If the ability remains on the normal pickaxe, maybe let the player choose when to trigger it. The normal pickaxe has no special functions when holding the crouch or sprint buttons so maybe have it trigger when having one of them pressed? Though that might just make the ability too annoying to use since you have to either crouch or sprint, which players either do for other reasons or wouldn't want to do every time they want to use Geologist.

3. If the ability is moved to the prospecting pick, it could either be done by enabling the already existing but disabled feature on it. Though as far as I'm aware that mght require a world/server restart so maybe just moving what's already in the mod could be just as good. In a way, moving it to the prospecting pick would nerf it because people would have to stop, change pickaxes and test instead of just having it on all the time. Honestly, even with how strong it is, you could argue that's a good thing because otherwise looking for ore is either spelunking, which not everybody likes to do, or a literal crapshoot in the dark where you hope you hit something and Geologist makes it a lot easier.

4. Since Geologist readings are very short-lived you could, instead of putting them in the chat window, make them print out as the red text that shows up when you can't place something down. The one in the bottom middle of the screen, above the hotbar.

Hi, thank you for your great feedback. That was a lot to read.

That's the whole point of the Master Smith ability.  I think about of nerving it a little bit. But notice that usually not all players can get this ability and it could take a long time. So the other abilities can still be a advantage for these players.

The experience from Helve Hammers is on purpose. But you will only get a reduced amount of experience. 

Yeah i wanted the quality to be a little bit less random like for the food quality but i haven't found quite as many factors that could influence the quality. The improvements might be small. But you can apply it to every smithable item. But this is always a personal opinion. There are always people that think an ability is op while others think it could need a buff.

The thing with the quality of the plates will be fixed with next update.

Do you have some special kind of sticks? Sticks already are excluded from quality calculations. So they should not reduce the overall quality.

I will consider changing some things for the geologist ability.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, Vincent Morgan said:

Seems like Duplicator works on plates. I assumed it wouldn't because plates can be broken down with a chisel and resmelted. Also Blaster seems to be not applying to bombs properly, at least with what I've tested which was native silver in quartz.

To elaborate: I noticed the way bonus drops work is that you still get a single item being dropped visually but when picking it up, it gives you two items. (I think it just makes two items drop stacked together?) But with bombs I haven't seen it happen after multiple tests. I'll try and test if Blaster instead makes ores simply drop two separate items instead of the way it normally works when I find the time to.

I think there was once a discussion about whether it should work with plates or not. The conclusion was that smithing plates and breaking them down is to much of an expense to use it as an exploit. So the general opinion was to enabling it as duplicatable. 

Thanks to your post i made a few test and found out that there was another bug that was already fixed once but something seems to have broken it again. Blowing up ores with bombs was giving you to much ores in general. This will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Oh, I wasn't saying that the previous skills in Blacksmithing should be removed because Master Smith makes them not needed once you get it. It was more of a note in just how strong the skill is. Not sure how you would nerf it while keeping the same functionality, because even if it moved no more than a single voxel it would be just as good. Also always take my suggestions about what level a skill should be with a big grain of halite because I do play with increased experience gains. Reduced experience from helve hammers is nice for balance, most people will get their rank up by working with them anyway.

About Duplicator working on plates: I was just relaying it in case it was unintended. Sorry about missing the discussion on it, I didn't read through all 30 pages. It's absolutely fine to have it work as it does now and the expenses needed to "abuse" it would definitely deter people from doing it.

I don't really know enough about the code behind smithing so I don't know how to reduce randomness with the Quality skill. And my impression of how much durability it gives could be skewed because I play with double durability and don't know if the ability takes that into consideration. +600 extra durability at quality 5 is nothing to scoff at for something you get pretty much for free, so I might just be tripping.

And as for the resulting durability when using sticks: I didn't mention I also play with AnMiTech and some of the weapons there use resin and leather to craft so I apologize for reporting something that's a mod interaction. Then again, the three pieces of plate armor I made (using plates with the exact same quality and chains with the same, but lower that plates quality) resulted in armor pieces with 3 different qualities. It probably has something to do with the amount of chains and plates used per crafting recipe. Chestplate had the highest quality and helmet the lowest, though that might actually be a good thing because chestplates get hit the most often. Anyway, it was an incomplete and messy report on my part so I'll test it out some more so that I can give you more accurate info.

Also yes, bombs do often make ores drop three pieces.

On 1/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Vincent Morgan said:

Oh, I wasn't saying that the previous skills in Blacksmithing should be removed because Master Smith makes them not needed once you get it. It was more of a note in just how strong the skill is. Not sure how you would nerf it while keeping the same functionality, because even if it moved no more than a single voxel it would be just as good. Also always take my suggestions about what level a skill should be with a big grain of halite because I do play with increased experience gains. Reduced experience from helve hammers is nice for balance, most people will get their rank up by working with them anyway.

About Duplicator working on plates: I was just relaying it in case it was unintended. Sorry about missing the discussion on it, I didn't read through all 30 pages. It's absolutely fine to have it work as it does now and the expenses needed to "abuse" it would definitely deter people from doing it.

I don't really know enough about the code behind smithing so I don't know how to reduce randomness with the Quality skill. And my impression of how much durability it gives could be skewed because I play with double durability and don't know if the ability takes that into consideration. +600 extra durability at quality 5 is nothing to scoff at for something you get pretty much for free, so I might just be tripping.

And as for the resulting durability when using sticks: I didn't mention I also play with AnMiTech and some of the weapons there use resin and leather to craft so I apologize for reporting something that's a mod interaction. Then again, the three pieces of plate armor I made (using plates with the exact same quality and chains with the same, but lower that plates quality) resulted in armor pieces with 3 different qualities. It probably has something to do with the amount of chains and plates used per crafting recipe. Chestplate had the highest quality and helmet the lowest, though that might actually be a good thing because chestplates get hit the most often. Anyway, it was an incomplete and messy report on my part so I'll test it out some more so that I can give you more accurate info.

Also yes, bombs do often make ores drop three pieces.

Yeah there will probably be a rebalance of some abilities in the future. When i have ideas how i can do it.

You don't have to be sorry about anything.I am always happy about bug reports. I haven't really played the game myself for a year or so. I just try to keep the mods up to date. So i heavily rely on bug reports from other people. Of course i test the stuff i develop. But after a huge update i just don't have the time to  test everything again. 

The actual code doesn't really matter. The process should be transparent so that the player could figure out what influences the quality without looking at the code. 

Ok. So it could be caused by this items. I maily focus on vanilla stuff so at the moment only sticks are exculded from these calculations. I could also add other items, but i don't want to add many items.

10 hours ago, Ambulate In Somnis said:

Can i intercept moment of metal casting  with yours library and how?
I need to add effects on player.
I wanted to use harmony patches, but I thought that if my patch intersects with your mod...

What do you want to do? 
The mod uses the method BlockSmeltedContainerPatch.OnHeldInteractStepPrefix and BlockSmeltedContainerPatch.OnHeldInteractStepPostfix to modify the metal casting process. The mod does not override the vanilla method. So as long as you don't override the vanilla one as well they should work fine together.

I alsI also uploaded an update mainly to fix the mushroom issue and some other small ones and to add the french translation by @Cendar:

-added french translation by Cendar
-the geologist info text is now always printed into the info section of the chat
-improved handling of the "strong back" inventory slots
    -shift click should now work a little bit more like expected
-fixed an issue with some translations
-fixed mushrooms not being cookable
-fixed a bug with ground storage and items with quality
    -the quality of all items in the stack is now the average quality of all items
-fixed getting to many ores from blowing up ores with bombs

• Thanks 1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.HudElement.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudHotbar.OnRenderGUI_Patch0(HudHotbar this, Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._JHlLXLoFTuzi9aMXOf3xs53BiOn(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._5b9xtkxs5cZMXJBpJdsFujTxqHg(Single )
   at _aMv7wPQlA8cgDnAEfSbEgoGdVfy._CZCOZeGO1GrDP5k5hCtFGOFJtVO(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )
   at _rip5UQmdVBLCq6ZoAXXnaN9jQJc._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(ThreadStart )

some say it might be caused by xskills? people cant connect to the server anymore, because they have a corrupt bucket in their inventory. @Xandu

Edited by CoB_Kai

another one:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockLiquidContainerTopOpened.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityShapeRenderer.RenderHeldItem(Single dt, Boolean isShadowPass, Boolean right)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityShapeRenderer.DoRender3DOpaque(Single dt, Boolean isShadowPass)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.SystemRenderEntities.OnRenderOpaque3D_Patch0(SystemRenderEntities this, Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._up6Bx1j7zVizDBWAE3yF6nNCGNeA(Single )
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at _WBb7CwUzEOAcHICLKAiVW6NVIeN._6uyy3n9Ds2iEHGU5xys7eJtJVNh(_Bv3M5I4kdGBjvWkB5zNcVsHESud , String[] )

57 minutes ago, CoB_Kai said:

some say it might be caused by xskills? people cant connect to the server anymore, because they have a corrupt bucket in their inventory.

I know this bug with buckets and had it twice. To workaround this bug is to go back to 1.15.10 version and delete the buckets. And come back to your preferred version. But there are some issue with bell pepper id and some other id problems.

Good luck

3 hours ago, CoB said:
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.HudElement.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudHotbar.OnRenderGUI_Patch0(HudHotbar this, Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt)
   at _vRo5OUTQG1GrM9nJI04WT53NTfD._JHlLXLoFTuzi9aMXOf3xs53BiOn(Single )

some say it might be caused by xskills? people cant connect to the server anymore, because they have a corrupt bucket in their inventory. @Xandu

Thats two times the same bug report. Have you tried to load the game without the mods? This doesn't seem to be related to xskills to me at the moment.

1 hour ago, CoB said:

The second says something about DoRender3DOpaque, the other does not. Oh well, must be something else then. Sorry.

You are right. But there look very similar and it seems to be the same issue. But from the report it does seem to be a vanilla problem. It still could be triggered by a mod. But i don't see why it should be caused by xskills. I looked into the method that crashed and could not find anything that could be messed up by xskills. I could still be wrong but investigating this could cost a lot of time.

The mod is creating a folder within a folder in my dedicated server. I'm just trying to increase the xp multi to 5 and it's not saving when the server restarts, I tried to set the file to read-only and that created, problems?

IFgH4.png

Trying to read-only the xleveling.json and settting the xp multi to 5 results in a server-crashing error seen below. IFgQ6.png

Edited by Balgias

8 hours ago, Balgias said:

The mod is creating a folder within a folder in my dedicated server. I'm just trying to increase the xp multi to 5 and it's not saving when the server restarts, I tried to set the file to read-only and that created, problems?

IFgH4.png

Trying to read-only the xleveling.json and settting the xp multi to 5 results in a server-crashing error seen below. IFgQ6.png

The extra folder is on purpose to not spam a lot of files into the ModConfig folder and to get a better overview of which files belong to the mod. Do not remove the write privilege. The mod needs this. If the mod overrides a value something is usually wrong with the value or it could not be loaded properly. Changing the line

"expMult": 1.0

to 

"expMult": 5.0

in the file xleveling.json worked perfectly fine for me.

Bloomery expert have problems. For meteoric iron, it can take whole bloomery output at once. Or only one ingot. Or all, except one. Or, even, put result ingots back into bloomery.

UPD: It seems, result are taken from bloomery and goes into active hotbar slot. Then from hotbar slot, it, immediately, puts back into bloomery.

UPD2: Workaround: Use any item (stick, knife, e.t.c.) as proxy while take result from bloomery.

Edited by Digitalr
  • Thanks 1

First off, big thanks for this mod! It's awesome!

I found a bug regarding the mod not saving userdata like levels and exp.

If your world name contains a colon, the mod throws an error in the background and doesn't save the data. Maybe true for other symbols, didn't test it.

Guess this should be easy to fix^^

In the meantime I simply changed my worlds name and it works fantastic.

So if anyone else has the same problem, check your world name.

Edited by zachi
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jemica said:

Hello,

I might be missing something but the Cooking skill that allows you convert water to salt does not seem to be working.  Any advice?

Hi,

The base game has issues with recipes that only consists out of fluids at the moment. So there isn't much i can do about this.

Hunger and health related skills acts little weird. While player eating, or using healing item, health/hunger bar switches randomly from vanilla, to xskills modified version. (Not sure about singleplayer, have this issue on multiplayer server)

Edited by Digitalr

Fatal Crash:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Vintagestory.Common.GameCalendar.getSunlightPixelRel(Single relx, Single rely)
   at Vintagestory.Common.GameCalendar.GetDayLightStrength(Double x, Double z)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetLightLevel(Int32 posX, Int32 posY, Int32 posZ, EnumLightLevelType type)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetLightLevel(BlockPos pos, EnumLightLevelType type)
   at XSkills.XSkillsPlayerBehavior.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

2 hours ago, Digitalr said:

Hunger and health related skills acts little weird. While player eating, or using healing item, health/hunger bar switches randomly from vanilla, to xskills modified version. (Not sure about singleplayer, have this issue on multiplayer server)

This sounds like a synchronisation issue. I will look into it.

37 minutes ago, CoB said:

Fatal Crash:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Vintagestory.Common.GameCalendar.getSunlightPixelRel(Single relx, Single rely)
   at Vintagestory.Common.GameCalendar.GetDayLightStrength(Double x, Double z)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetLightLevel(Int32 posX, Int32 posY, Int32 posZ, EnumLightLevelType type)
   at Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetLightLevel(BlockPos pos, EnumLightLevelType type)
   at XSkills.XSkillsPlayerBehavior.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

This looks like an issue with an invalid player position. Is it possible that a player was on a location he should not been? Did that happen once or more often?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.