XLib and XSkills

Xandu

Spam can be dealt with message rate limiting. May be one alarm per 20s is enough.

For batch cooking only first "Ready!" alarm is imortant, imho.

And, if it possible to alarm player when all nuggets in crucible are melted...

Edited by Digitalr

On 3/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, Digitalr said:

Spam can be dealt with message rate limiting. May be one alarm per 20s is enough.

For batch cooking only first "Ready!" alarm is imortant, imho.

And, if it possible to alarm player when all nuggets in crucible are melted...

Do you have a good suggestion to name such an ability?

Hello. I've just installed this mod following instruction and including both XLib and XSkills on the server side (hosting), however pressing P or O does nothing in game, there is also no option to assign a key, as there is no such category as Skills in key assignment options.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you help me make this mod work please?

8 minutes ago, Kapibarion said:

Hello. I've just installed this mod following instruction and including both XLib and XSkills on the server side (hosting), however pressing P or O does nothing in game, there is also no option to assign a key, as there is no such category as Skills in key assignment options.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you help me make this mod work please?

If your server runs on game version 1.17.11 you have to use version v0.7.0-pre.1 of the mod. The newer versions of the mods are just for the 1.18 pre-releases of the game. This is at least the most common error that could cause this issue.

Make sure you have the same versions of the mods installed on the client and server.

31 minutes ago, Xandu said:

If your server runs on game version 1.17.11 you have to use version v0.7.0-pre.1 of the mod. The newer versions of the mods are just for the 1.18 pre-releases of the game. This is at least the most common error that could cause this issue.

Make sure you have the same versions of the mods installed on the client and server.

Many thank, Xandu, it works now :)

On 3/30/2023 at 8:43 AM, Slava Shedik said:

Strange work of Farming -> Recycler destroing farmland with fertility levels more than 80 return soil with fertility level 50 

This is on purpose. Some people don't like the idea of creating infinite amounts of terra preta. I will rework the ability for the next patch so you can create higher fertility blocks with it but not terra preta by default. But you can configure it to also create terra preta.

Hello there!

It seems I have a very specific conflict between XSkills and Culinary Artilleryl/Expanded Food.

Whenever I try to cook pastas in a pot with boiled eggs in the recipes, as soon as I add the eggs to the pot, I CtD.

EDIT: just adding the dreaded boiled things to a pot makes it CtD. I might want to post it /search on EF Homepage +Github. Keeping you updated.

Here is the crash log:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.11 (Stable)
2023-04-02 10:28:56: Critical error occurred in the following mod: xskills@0.7.0-pre.1
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, aculinaryartillery@1.0.11, advancedsmithing@1.3.0, weaponpacka@1.3.1, ancienttools@1.5.1, atwatersedge@1.2.1, bettercrates@1.5.3, betterruins@0.0.7, Ceramos@0.2.4, chiseltools@1.7.2, creaturescan@1.0.0, drdecor@1.0.0, extrachests@1.6.2, fancydoors@1.1.1, morecrops@1.0.2, fireclayfrompanning@1.0.0, furniturelibrary@1.0.6, weaponpackg@1.0.1, HQ@1.9.1, medieval@1.3.43, meteoricexpansion@1.2.2, leadroof@1.2.4, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, naturalpatcheslite@0.0.3, necessariesfix@1.1.3-rc.1, primitivesurvival@3.1.2, realshingles@1.0.2, shinglesandthethings@1.0.2-rc.1, rustandrails@1.0.4, sortablestorage@1.6.0, spyglass@0.4.5, thecritterpack@0.7.6, tradeomat@1.6.3, translocatorengineeringredux@1.3.0, usefuldrifterloot@1.0.2, game@1.17.11, wildcrafttrees@1.1.4, wildcraft@1.5.1, betterfirepit@1.0.0, calendar@1.0.0, carryon@0.10.3, cuniculture@1.0.1, expandedfoods@1.6.4, fromgoldencombs@1.3.15, hudclock@2.8.0, lecheesedecubique@1.0.0, lichen@1.6.2, miningtools@1.1.4, moreicons@1.0.3, outlawmodcan@1.0.4, petai@1.5.5, playercorpse@1.5.5, recycleclothes@1.0.0, stonequarry@2.0.0-rc.4, tprunes@1.0.7, vanvar@2.0.1, wildfarming@1.2.1, creative@1.17.11, vsquest@0.4.0, survival@1.17.11, woodbarrels@1.0.4, woodchests@1.0.4, workbenchexpansion@1.5.1, xlib@0.7.0-pre.1, metalrecovery@0.1.18-rc.2, em@1.1.0, feverstonewilds@1.1.0, wolftaming@1.5.4, xskills@0.7.0-pre.1, bricklayers@1.2.3
Involved Harmony IDs: XSkillsPatch, com.jakecool19.efrecipes.cookingoverhaul
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.CookingRecipePatch.MatchesPrefix(CookingRecipe __instance, Boolean& __result, ItemStack[] inputStacks, Int32& quantityServings)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.CookingRecipe.Matches_Patch1(CookingRecipe this, ItemStack[] inputStacks, Int32& quantityServings)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.GetMatchingCookingRecipe(IWorldAccessor world, ItemStack[] stacks) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Cooking\BlockCookingContainer.cs:line 239
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.GetOutputText_Patch2(BlockCookingContainer this, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemSlot inputSlot)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.GetOutputText_Patch2(InventorySmelting this)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.SetDialogValues_Patch1(BlockEntityFirepit this, ITreeAttribute dialogTree)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnSlotModifid(Int32 slotid) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 141
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 480
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\InventorySmelting.cs:line 116
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.OnItemSlotModified(ItemStack sinkStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 424
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemSlotWatertight.ActivateSlotLeftClick(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\ItemSlotWatertight.cs:line 103
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 448
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 980
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 773
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 638
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 459
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2251
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 220
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

Event Log entries containing Vintagestory.exe, the latest 3
==================================
{ TimeGenerated = 2023-03-31 22:10:11, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1431080498583360532, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Vintagestory.exe
P2: 1.17.11.0
P3: 10.0.19045.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\orand\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR19C6.tmp\empty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19D7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19D8.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19F4.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1A33.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 421adc3c-fa44-411e-8a02-0deb81cd4f9a
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: a386333e91cb17c6d3dc38219b0cd414
Cab Guid: 0 }

Maybe my Culinary Artillery and Expanded Food mods are outdated a bit, but what could be the cause of this crash. 

EDIT: I updated all of them to the latest version, to no avail.

(I suppose it is all about the XP/Skill assigned to the action, but still).

Thank you for your answer!

Edited by Randwulf

On 4/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, Randwulf said:

Hello there!

It seems I have a very specific conflict between XSkills and Culinary Artilleryl/Expanded Food.

Whenever I try to cook pastas in a pot with boiled eggs in the recipes, as soon as I add the eggs to the pot, I CtD.

EDIT: just adding the dreaded boiled things to a pot makes it CtD. I might want to post it /search on EF Homepage +Github. Keeping you updated.

Here is the crash log:

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.17.11 (Stable)
2023-04-02 10:28:56: Critical error occurred in the following mod: xskills@0.7.0-pre.1
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.1, aculinaryartillery@1.0.11, advancedsmithing@1.3.0, weaponpacka@1.3.1, ancienttools@1.5.1, atwatersedge@1.2.1, bettercrates@1.5.3, betterruins@0.0.7, Ceramos@0.2.4, chiseltools@1.7.2, creaturescan@1.0.0, drdecor@1.0.0, extrachests@1.6.2, fancydoors@1.1.1, morecrops@1.0.2, fireclayfrompanning@1.0.0, furniturelibrary@1.0.6, weaponpackg@1.0.1, HQ@1.9.1, medieval@1.3.43, meteoricexpansion@1.2.2, leadroof@1.2.4, MoreTorchHolders@1.0.0, naturalpatcheslite@0.0.3, necessariesfix@1.1.3-rc.1, primitivesurvival@3.1.2, realshingles@1.0.2, shinglesandthethings@1.0.2-rc.1, rustandrails@1.0.4, sortablestorage@1.6.0, spyglass@0.4.5, thecritterpack@0.7.6, tradeomat@1.6.3, translocatorengineeringredux@1.3.0, usefuldrifterloot@1.0.2, game@1.17.11, wildcrafttrees@1.1.4, wildcraft@1.5.1, betterfirepit@1.0.0, calendar@1.0.0, carryon@0.10.3, cuniculture@1.0.1, expandedfoods@1.6.4, fromgoldencombs@1.3.15, hudclock@2.8.0, lecheesedecubique@1.0.0, lichen@1.6.2, miningtools@1.1.4, moreicons@1.0.3, outlawmodcan@1.0.4, petai@1.5.5, playercorpse@1.5.5, recycleclothes@1.0.0, stonequarry@2.0.0-rc.4, tprunes@1.0.7, vanvar@2.0.1, wildfarming@1.2.1, creative@1.17.11, vsquest@0.4.0, survival@1.17.11, woodbarrels@1.0.4, woodchests@1.0.4, workbenchexpansion@1.5.1, xlib@0.7.0-pre.1, metalrecovery@0.1.18-rc.2, em@1.1.0, feverstonewilds@1.1.0, wolftaming@1.5.4, xskills@0.7.0-pre.1, bricklayers@1.2.3
Involved Harmony IDs: XSkillsPatch, com.jakecool19.efrecipes.cookingoverhaul
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XSkills.CookingRecipePatch.MatchesPrefix(CookingRecipe __instance, Boolean& __result, ItemStack[] inputStacks, Int32& quantityServings)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.CookingRecipe.Matches_Patch1(CookingRecipe this, ItemStack[] inputStacks, Int32& quantityServings)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.GetMatchingCookingRecipe(IWorldAccessor world, ItemStack[] stacks) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Cooking\BlockCookingContainer.cs:line 239
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.GetOutputText_Patch2(BlockCookingContainer this, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemSlot inputSlot)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.GetOutputText_Patch2(InventorySmelting this)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.SetDialogValues_Patch1(BlockEntityFirepit this, ITreeAttribute dialogTree)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnSlotModifid(Int32 slotid) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 141
   at System.Action`1.Invoke(T obj)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 480
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.InventorySmelting.DidModifyItemSlot(ItemSlot slot, ItemStack extractedStack) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\InventorySmelting.cs:line 116
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemSlot.OnItemSlotModified(ItemStack sinkStack) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\ItemSlot.cs:line 424
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemSlotWatertight.ActivateSlotLeftClick(ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VSSurvivalMod\Inventory\ItemSlotWatertight.cs:line 103
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 448
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.SlotClick(ICoreClientAPI api, Int32 slotId, EnumMouseButton mouseButton, Boolean shiftPressed, Boolean ctrlPressed, Boolean altPressed) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 980
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.OnMouseDownOnElement(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 773
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElement.OnMouseDown(ICoreClientAPI api, MouseEvent mouse) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\GuiElement.cs:line 638
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent mouseArgs) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 459
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 536
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 394
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.OnMouseDown(MouseEvent args) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 2251
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.Mouse_ButtonDown(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\Input.cs:line 220
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.WindowProcedure(IntPtr handle, WindowMessage message, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 792
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.Functions.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLNative.ProcessEvents() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\Platform\Windows\WinGLNative.cs:line 1554
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 368
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

{ TimeGenerated = 2023-03-31 22:10:11, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1431080498583360532, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64

Problem signature:
P2: 1.17.11.0
P3: 10.0.19045.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\orand\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR19C6.tmp\empty.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19D7.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19D8.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER19F4.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER1A33.tmp.txt

Analysis symbol: 
Report Id: 421adc3c-fa44-411e-8a02-0deb81cd4f9a
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: a386333e91cb17c6d3dc38219b0cd414

Maybe my Culinary Artillery and Expanded Food mods are outdated a bit, but what could be the cause of this crash. 

EDIT: I updated all of them to the latest version, to no avail.

(I suppose it is all about the XP/Skill assigned to the action, but still).

Thank you for your answer!

Hi, I will take a look at it when Expanded Food made an update for 1.18. At the moment I am focussing on 1.18 and I cannot provide an update for 1.17 anymore.

On 4/2/2023 at 8:47 PM, SkeletonJester said:

Oh, sorry - I am using 1.18.0-pre.8 for Vintage Story, and xSkills 0.7.0-pre.4

xSkills and xLib are the only mods I have installed for testing purposes, as well.

Have you tried to just leave and rejoin the world. Or try to put in new ingredients into the fire pit. This should resolve this issue. For myself it seems to work fine and I improved the behavior with one of the latest patches. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 11:28 AM, Xandu said:

Hi, I will take a look at it when Expanded Food made an update for 1.18. At the moment I am focussing on 1.18 and I cannot provide an update for 1.17 anymore.

Have you tried to just leave and rejoin the world. Or try to put in new ingredients into the fire pit. This should resolve this issue. For myself it seems to work fine and I improved the behavior with one of the latest patches. 

It works when I do that - thank you!

I also found a bit of an incompatibility it seems with the Knapster mod. For some reason, the mod prevents MetalWorking from gaining exp in version 1.17.11

I'm not sure if you have a list of incompatible mods anywhere, but it might be worth mentioning - or fixing if you're keen on that sort of thing.

Edit: I just saw you mentioned you aren't working on 1.17 any longer - I'll just work without Knapster until they update for 1.18 (if/when they do)!

Edited by SkeletonJester

On 4/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, nebux said:

right now i have none as i totally dislike the vanilla system of stone getting

Since I added the behavior to cracked stones with the last update. You can get cracked stones from the stonecutter ability like every other stone when you mine cracked stones. 

On 4/6/2023 at 11:49 PM, SkeletonJester said:

It works when I do that - thank you!

I also found a bit of an incompatibility it seems with the Knapster mod. For some reason, the mod prevents MetalWorking from gaining exp in version 1.17.11

I'm not sure if you have a list of incompatible mods anywhere, but it might be worth mentioning - or fixing if you're keen on that sort of thing.

Edit: I just saw you mentioned you aren't working on 1.17 any longer - I'll just work without Knapster until they update for 1.18 (if/when they do)!

I have to take a look at this when the mod updated to 1.18.

player crashes with (mp rc2 modded)

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 64 GB RAM
Game Version: v1.18.0-rc.2 (Unstable)
4/9/2023 9:52:53 AM: Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods:
Involved Harmony IDs: XEffectsPatch, XSkillsPatch
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'The ThreadLocal object has been disposed.'.
   at System.Threading.ThreadLocal`1.GetValueSlow()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.UpdateAndGetTransitionStatesNative(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inslot) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 2283
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.AppendPerishableInfoText(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 1650
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.GetHeldItemInfo_Patch2(CollectibleObject this, ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:line 2166
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetDescription(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, Boolean debug) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\ItemStack.cs:line 403
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiHandbookItemStackPage..ctor(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack stack) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiHandbookItemStackPage.cs:line 42
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemHandbook.onCreatePagesAsync() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Handbook.cs:line 79
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.LoadPages_Async() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiDialogHandbook.cs:line 489
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:14:01 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1877572371013322588, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH

Problem signature:
P2: 1.18.0.0
P3: 642c31fe
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.22621.1413
P6: 5129184b
P7: c0020001
P8: 000000000008fe7c
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\kalli\AppData\Local\Temp\WER.34449eff-17e3-4013-86c4-ccbeb4d96b15.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.2e61e0f0-c832-4b86-a11b-08f05f1e60c1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.d6e93ef8-95ee-4672-b782-a301e637d790.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.e4e432fe-6fae-468b-92b9-dd2c3a79b616.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\kalli\AppData\Local\Temp\WER.6d9dd077-9546-426e-8614-3840e1033225.tmp.appcompat.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.f26d927b-7e94-4707-935f-e86cdf007c1c.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_5b298ddcd5ee16fa10b91bdae0cbd967c74888_749552bb_2abec251-c9fd-4828-93a8-855fe978f0bb

Analysis symbol:
Report Id: fe964fe7-f0f8-4916-82d4-3f508af2037c
Report Status: 268566528
Hashed bucket: 471a467d74e456642a0e7a1fa656475c
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:13:57 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Users\kalli\AppData\Local\Temp\WER.34449eff-17e3-4013-86c4-ccbeb4d96b15.tmp.WERDataCollectionStatus.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.2e61e0f0-c832-4b86-a11b-08f05f1e60c1.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.d6e93ef8-95ee-4672-b782-a301e637d790.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.e4e432fe-6fae-468b-92b9-dd2c3a79b616.tmp.txt
\\?\C:\Users\kalli\AppData\Local\Temp\WER.6d9dd077-9546-426e-8614-3840e1033225.tmp.appcompat.txt
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.f26d927b-7e94-4707-935f-e86cdf007c1c.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_5b298ddcd5ee16fa10b91bdae0cbd967c74888_749552bb_cab_2abec251-c9fd-4828-93a8-855fe978f0bb

Analysis symbol:
Report Status: 131076
Hashed bucket:
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:13:49 PM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.18.0.0, time stamp: 0x642c31fe
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1413, time stamp: 0x5129184b
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000008fe7c
Faulting process id: 0x0x303c
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1d969786430dad3
Faulting application path: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

On 4/9/2023 at 4:59 PM, Conquest of Blocks said:

player crashes with (mp rc2 modded)

Hide contents

Running on 64 bit Windows with 64 GB RAM
Game Version: v1.18.0-rc.2 (Unstable)
4/9/2023 9:52:53 AM: Critical error occurred
Loaded Mods:
Involved Harmony IDs: XEffectsPatch, XSkillsPatch
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'The ThreadLocal object has been disposed.'.
   at System.Threading.ThreadLocal`1.GetValueSlow()
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.UpdateAndGetTransitionStatesNative(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inslot) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 2283
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.AppendPerishableInfoText(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Collectible.cs:line 1650
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.CollectibleObject.GetHeldItemInfo_Patch2(CollectibleObject this, ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Block.GetHeldItemInfo(ItemSlot inSlot, StringBuilder dsc, IWorldAccessor world, Boolean withDebugInfo) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\Block\Block.cs:line 2166
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.ItemStack.GetDescription(IWorldAccessor world, ItemSlot inSlot, Boolean debug) in VintagestoryApi\Common\Collectible\ItemStack.cs:line 403
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiHandbookItemStackPage..ctor(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack stack) in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiHandbookItemStackPage.cs:line 42
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ModSystemHandbook.onCreatePagesAsync() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Handbook.cs:line 79
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogHandbook.LoadPages_Async() in VSSurvivalMod\Systems\Handbook\Gui\GuiDialogHandbook.cs:line 489
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:14:01 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket 1877572371013322588, type 4

Problem signature:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_5b298ddcd5ee16fa10b91bdae0cbd967c74888_749552bb_2abec251-c9fd-4828-93a8-855fe978f0bb

Analysis symbol:
Report Status: 268566528
Hashed bucket: 471a467d74e456642a0e7a1fa656475c
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:13:57 PM, Site = , Source = Windows Error Reporting, Message = Fault bucket , type 0

Problem signature:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Vintagestory.exe_5b298ddcd5ee16fa10b91bdae0cbd967c74888_749552bb_cab_2abec251-c9fd-4828-93a8-855fe978f0bb

Analysis symbol:
Report Status: 131076
Hashed bucket:
--------------
{ TimeGenerated = 4/7/2023 1:13:49 PM, Site = , Source = Application Error, Message = Faulting application name: Vintagestory.exe, version: 1.18.0.0, time stamp: 0x642c31fe
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1413, time stamp: 0x5129184b
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000008fe7c
Faulting process id: 0x0x303c
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1d969786430dad3
Faulting application path: D:\Vintagestory\Vintagestory.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:  }

I have already seen this one a few times. I thought it was fixes when the base game updated. The error itself is very weird and it actually is a base game method that crashes. I know that the harmony patches "XEffectsPatch, XSkillsPatch" are mentioned in the crash report but these methods don't do much except checking some data, so I don't know how they could cause this issue. Is it possible to provide some log files of a session where this crash has occurred?

was causing major lag and connection problems on the server for some time: may have to do with clay forms, or a temporal storm going on. players did not report anything else suspicious. happened several times already @Xandu

Spoiler

[Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.GetBehavior[T]() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:line 1329
   at XSkills.BlockCookingContainerPatch.CanSmeltPrefix(BlockCookingContainer __instance, Boolean& __result, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.CanSmelt_Patch1(BlockCookingContainer this, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemStack inputStack, ItemStack outputStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canSmeltInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 553
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canHeatInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 539
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnBurnTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 253
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 84
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 122
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 769

Edited by Conquest of Blocks

On 4/15/2023 at 6:50 PM, Conquest of Blocks said:

was causing major lag and connection problems on the server for some time: may have to do with clay forms, or a temporal storm going on. players did not report anything else suspicious. happened several times already @Xandu

Reveal hidden contents

[Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.GetBehavior[T]() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Entity\Entity.cs:line 1329
   at XSkills.BlockCookingContainerPatch.CanSmeltPrefix(BlockCookingContainer __instance, Boolean& __result, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockCookingContainer.CanSmelt_Patch1(BlockCookingContainer this, IWorldAccessor world, ISlotProvider cookingSlotsProvider, ItemStack inputStack, ItemStack outputStack)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canSmeltInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 553
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.canHeatInput() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 539
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFirepit.OnBurnTick(Single dt) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\Firepit\BEFirepit.cs:line 253
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 84
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 122
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 769

The report you posted has something to do with cooking. It seems like an value that should always be valid has become a Null Reference.

Does this crash the server or does it just appear in the log?

Does this also happen after a server restart?

1 hour ago, Xandu said:

The report you posted has something to do with cooking. It seems like an value that should always be valid has become a Null Reference.

Does this crash the server or does it just appear in the log?

Does this also happen after a server restart?

It crashes the whole server. After a restart things are fine but i happened several times, like once every or every second day. But that was several days ago. As of now i do not know about any more crashes. It may had to do with "Medieval Fashion", not sure. We have removed that mod from our server, since it changed too many mechanics without even mentioning it on the mod page.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.