How to install server on Ubuntu

Acheron72

Do you know any good step-by-step guide on how to install a vps server with Ubuntu 18.04? I know he is on the wiki but when I do according to him, the server does not start. I do as it is written. After entering the ./server.sh start command, I get this message: Fatal! VintagestoryServer.exe is not properly installed. You should try reinstall first. Aborting. What can I do wrong?

If you go to the downloads page and click on "Show other available downloads of Vintage Story" , you can find the link for "Tar.gz Archive/Linux" . I personally use the stable.json "API endpoint" to grab the latest download link. I just download that on the server, extract it, and have a "start_server.sh" with the following:

#!/bin/bash
mono VintagestoryServer.exe --dataPath ./data

You can go more fancy if you'd like, for example use a loop to have the server auto restart when it crashes, but at the moment this has been doing just fine for our little friend group server. No flattery needed! 💚

Edited by copygirl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.