Sitting to reduce hunger rate

Ghezra

I think it would make sense to reduce hunger rate while sitting. Maybe even provide a more function use for improved seating options.

Going to be AFK for a while? Just grab a seat, or sit down. It doesn't remove it completely, but then you don't have to doff your armor everytime you want to just pause a moment to read something.

• Like 3
  • Cookie time 1

6 hours ago, Devilofether said:

There is a lot of time spent sitting in one spot if you are crafting, seats would be perfect for that. Maybe seats have the additional functionality of being able to access all the inventories around you

That would make storage a hell of a lot easier if you could just sit down at say a workbench and immediately have access to all your stuff.

• Cookie time 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Ghezra said:

I think it would make sense to reduce hunger rate while sitting. Maybe even provide a more function use for improved seating options.

Going to be AFK for a while? Just grab a seat, or sit down. It doesn't remove it completely, but then you don't have to doff your armor everytime you want to just pause a moment to read something.

I agree with this; it makes a lot of sense, since being at rest reduces hunger.  Perhaps never resting at all could also slowly decrease your "sanity-esque" mechanic.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, Devilofether said:

There is a lot of time spent sitting in one spot if you are crafting, seats would be perfect for that. Maybe seats have the additional functionality of being able to access all the inventories around you

Honestly, I would absolutely hate this.  Moreover, this game is for the more hardcore of survival gamers primarily [as was TerraFirma], and has some nice customization options and modding APIs for those who are so inclined to create this kind of behavior.  Any version of the base game would feel wrong to include some "one seat to craft them all" mechanic that does not fit with the rest of the game.

Seriously, this should be a mod, not a base game modification.

Already does that

• - Each panned action costs 4 sat
  • - Each Attack you perform costs 3 sat
  • - Timed satiety costs no item in offhand:
    • - Standing still: ~0.33 sat every 10 seconds
    • - Walking or any other actions: ~1 sat every 10 seconds
    • - Running: ~6 sat every 10 seconds
  • - Timed satiety costs with item in offhand
    • - Standing still: ~0.4 sat every 10 seconds
    • - Walking or any other actions: ~1.2 sat every 10 seconds
    • - Running: ~7.5 sat every 10 seconds
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2020 at 10:58 AM, Paul Beverage said:

Honestly, I would absolutely hate this.  Moreover, this game is for the more hardcore of survival gamers primarily [as was TerraFirma], and has some nice customization options and modding APIs for those who are so inclined to create this kind of behavior.  Any version of the base game would feel wrong to include some "one seat to craft them all" mechanic that does not fit with the rest of the game.

Seriously, this should be a mod, not a base game modification.

I have the impression you misunderstand my suggestion; sitting does not affect crafting at all, and I am not trying to make an ultimate do-everything crafting station, just a more convenient interface for accessing crafting stations and Item storage already in the proximity of the chair. if there was no interfaces in the range of the chair, no interfaces would show up. You can already kind of perform this behavior by clicking multiple containers without closing their windows or stepping away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.