[Question] Animating items

Dampiir

Hi I'm making my first mod following the basic item mod guide on the wiki (wands) and I was wondering: if we want to animate a hand held item do we need to export the animation as a gif or individual png files? Also how do we apply the animation to the model in game?
EDIT: more specifically how do I get the animation to trigger? So I just found it put the code for the animation into the shape file when I saved it.  It's just an idle spinning animation for a cube, very simple but cannot find any info on how to get the animation to run. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Dampiir
more info

On 4/4/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dampiir said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately I can't provide precise technical knowledge here, but iirc handheld items cannot actually be animated currently, I think.  Things like the bow simply have a series of static models that get displayed at different stages.   Again, this is iirc.

• 2 weeks later...

it's possible. i can not exactly explain in less words. but i have found a way to start an animation on interacting with a block.
but only the client who is interacting with the block will see it. oder clients wil not see the animation yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.