How can I give myself water?

Streetwind

After digging up some farmland in order to replace it with something better, the adjacent water trench is full of "flowing" water. It was perfectly still before. I replaced the soil blocks exactly as they were before. And yet, it turned out like this.

I really, really dislike random flowing water where it shouldn't be. Especially in the middle of my base.

Is there some way I can give myself some water blocks I can stuff in the trench to make the flowing water go away? I'm in singleplayer, so all server commands are available to me. But I can't seem to figure out how to word the command so that it finds the water block.

Nuts, I just noticed I misclicked on the wrong subforum when I posted this. If a friendly mod comes by, feel free to move it.

@EnigmaticWonder - How? There's only one bucket in the game - the wooden one - and it won't let me place water. I can only scoop some water up to place into barrels.

Edited by Streetwind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.