Simple HUD Clock

Rhonen

Unfortunately the combo of v3.4.0 and game version 1.19.3 (Stable) appear to be causing 1-2 second lag spikes every 30-45 seconds in both mind and a friend's clients (Singleplayer).  Ran a debug log and I'm getting:

28.2.2024 08:33:26 [Notification] A tick took 1217.7 ms
1217.70ms,  call : all
  1189.03ms, 1 call : gmlehudclock.src.TimeDialog.TimeDialog

I systematically disabled all other mods and re-enabled them one by one with HUD Clock enabled.  Issue remained.  Finally disabled this mod and it immediately resolved the lag spikes.  Enabled all other mods and the lag spike didn't return, so I'm reasonably confident this one is the culprit.

Please let me know if there's any other debugging or information I can provide!  It's a fantastic mod and I'm trying to get all my friends to adopt it.

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 4:51 PM, Noiz Makyr said:

gmlehudclock.src.TimeDialog

Seems you are using a modified mod version, when reading that namespace.
I have no spikes when playing in singleplayer and have the FPS Debug mode on. also no log entries of time-lags.

there is also no update mechanic on 30-45 seconds in my mod.

Edited by Rhonen

On 3/3/2024 at 8:37 AM, Rhonen said:

Seems you are using a modified mod version, when reading that namespace.

How would that happen if I downloaded V3.4.0 directly from the source page here?  Just deleted it and redownloaded it from the Files tab on that page to be sure.

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but this has me flummoxed.  I really want to get this one working - it looks amazing!

Then may be the debug-mode makes some strange things, which does not appear on my machine.
But as already mentioned: There is no mechanic inside the mod, which is operating in that interval of 30 - 45 seconds. so i have no idea, what can be the problem on your machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rhonen and thank you for this great mod!

I am posting here about an issue I faced - a crash to desktop when crossing a translocator.  After posting the bug report on the Vintage Story github I have been told to contact you as it seems the bug happened on a line of a file which has  most likely been modified by the Simple HUD Clock mod.

Here is the link to the bug report, hope it makes sense to you and helps.

If it happens the bug is not linked to your mod, could you please update the VS developers on the bug report page directly to keep the ball rolling?  Cheers.

github link to bug report

• 3 weeks later...

English : Hi, I did a French translation of the mod, normally there are no errors but if you see any, don't hesitate to tell me.

Français : Salut, j'ai fait une traduction en français du mod, normalement il n’y a pas d'erreurs mais si vous en voyez, hésitez pas à me le dire.

fr.json

Edited by Drtenta
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.