Mining Cart Design

Flo Weber

4 hours ago, Stew said:

Looks great! Thanks for your work!!!

Would be cool to have a steam powered locomotive. (I remember a minecraft mod named "Traincraft" which was really awesome)

Keep on working!

In my opinion you would need bigger / better rails than small wooden rails to implement a locomotive. 

My thoughts were in the first step just to create a very small cart for inside the mine or the transportation of ores to your base. Maybe by pushing or using a cable winch.

What do you think about that? 

Edited by Flo Weber

Thats a very good idea. I like the idea of the winch. Maybe it could be powerd by a waterwheel or windmill.

Looking forward to see that. I loved to build a railroad network in MC with the mod. Would be cool to have it in VS too.

4 hours ago, AlteOgre said:

I'd rather first see donkeys or mules introduced to the game to do the heavy burden kinda transport.

My opinion is that a way to craft a transportation system which works automatically is more interesting for most of the players. 

Horses would be the obvious first step, and would make an absolute world of difference within the game. Really hoping they come out soon, the game really needs them.

This kind of small, one-block cart would be best pushed by hand, or pulled by a horse. Locomotives would be larger, multi-block models capable of pulling a lot more than these. This is a good early mid-game cart though. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApacheTech said:

Horses would be the obvious first step, and would make an absolute world of difference within the game. Really hoping they come out soon, the game really needs them.

This kind of small, one-block cart would be best pushed by hand, or pulled by a horse. Locomotives would be larger, multi-block models capable of pulling a lot more than these. This is a good early mid-game cart though. :D

Hey Apache, 

As it's placed on rails I think pulling by a horse is quit difficult. 

Just pushing by hand or using a rope winch would be enought for using it in a mine. 

Horses would be the next step for longer distance and heavier transportation. 

Edited by Flo Weber

Nah. It's the same width as a horse would be. It's smaller than a horse would be. It's lighter than a horse would be. Even if it means the horse walking on a bridle-path next to the track, it'd be easy enough. But, with the wheels on that thing, it'd work without a railtrack as well. Toughest thing would be elevation changes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:11 AM, AlteOgre said:

I'd rather first see donkeys or mules introduced to the game to do the heavy burden kinda transport.

+100.  I'd even settle for pack llamas. They could have internal storage like a chest to carry things.  They could also pull a minecart.  Donkeys/mules were used in mines before the Industrial Revolution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.