Maxxy-Chan Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 I built this greenhouse and waited for the bees to start producing honey, but I went through the entirety of summer without getting anything. I've just recently raised the roof one tile to see if that would fix it but I haven't seen any honey so far in fall.
Professor Dragon Posted September 26 Report Posted September 26 That looks fine. I have a similar setup in one of my worlds, and it produces honey just fine. Mod interaction? ? ? I'm assuming that the temperature has been above 0 degrees for an extended period, based on the map image. 1
Maxxy-Chan Posted September 27 Author Report Posted September 27 I have absolutely no mods to speak of! So yeah it's kind of a mystery to me.
SnapJelly Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 see if you can remake the setup exactly in creative and speed up time with: /time speed [0-9999] (default speed is 60 so setting it higher than that will speed up time) 1
Maxxy-Chan Posted Saturday at 12:31 AM Author Report Posted Saturday at 12:31 AM I was going to get around to doing your idea and making a copy of this build exactly in creative, but as I was preoccupied with playing the game I moved one of the bee skeps to see if that would fix it. And it did! It seems that there's something weird with the bee skeps in this setup? Or maybe they were glitched in their placement and I just need to move them to reset? I will keep it like this to summer to make sure there's something wrong with the skeps on the stone fences, and then move them and see if that fixes it. 1
SnapJelly Posted Saturday at 03:56 PM Report Posted Saturday at 03:56 PM oh that's interesting, could be a bug of some kind. I haven't passed the first winter yet on my latest playthrough so idk if it's a ''resetting'' thing but it's not improbable, I might test it out later to be sure! 1
Maxxy-Chan Posted 16 hours ago Author Report Posted 16 hours ago I've checked again in the beginning of April, and it seems that the hive skeps have started functioning. So what was wrong with the first spring-summer-fall sequence when it was warm the entire time? None of them produced anything during that time despite the bees being active. I won't consider this solved because I still can't figure out what was wrong *then* and not now. Perhaps it's like it needed an entire year just to roll over and start producing, otherwise I have no other hypothesis for what's changed to make it work now! And just as a reminder, I have absolutely no mods installed.
Recommended Posts