Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Because I spend a lot of time chiseling in creative mode, I've gotten really really tired of staring at the bland superflat world. Using a regular wordgen as a base, is there a some kind of invisible block I could place on top to act as a floor? I just want something to look at while I'm working but not be able to fuck it up with a mis-click.


TLDR:
I'm looking for something that functions similar to a Barrier Block in the OtherBlockgameTM.

 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Chiselled clear glass comes close.

Place a clear (regular, not quartz) glass block and right click with a chisel equipped to turn it into a chiselled block, even though you don't remove anything.
It makes it go transparent.

You can still click it though, just like any other block, so I don't know if that helps.If you're in creative, everything can be destroyed anyway, even bedrock.

And it's okay to say "Minecraft" 😎

Edited by Professor Dragon
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ActivityTime said:

[...] is there a some kind of invisible block I could place on top to act as a floor?

The intended option for this seems to be the Selectable Collider meta block - use Ctrl + F to render meta blocks when using them. Chiselled glass is a suitable survival-friendly alternative, though it's not perfectly transparent.

 

11 hours ago, ActivityTime said:

I'm looking for something that functions similar to a Barrier Block in the OtherBlockgameTM

We don't seem to have an exact equivalent to the barrier. For your purpose, the Selectable Collider seems most suitable, but it's different in that it can be destroyed in survival unlike the barrier (would probably need a land claim to make it indestructible in survival). The regular Collider meta block is a similar alternative and it can't be destroyed since it can't be targeted, but unlike the barrier it doesn't prevent block targeting through itself.

Edited by MKMoose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.