Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Recently I tried to add "Cob" as a new clay forming item. That failed, so I tried to Patch cob into clay. That kept throwing errors. Is clay locked down and you cant alter it or make new systems using the clay forming system?

Posted

not locked down no.  As a test I added this to stick.json

    class: "ItemClay",
    variantgroups: [
        { code: "type", states: ["red" ] }
    ],

I chose stick because it was an item and the class I was adding was an item class.
I added the "type" variant group because the ItemClay class relies on it here

vssurvivalmod/Item/ItemClay.cs at 849fa8cad9e392368566efc7474e73db6404a145 · anegostudios/vssurvivalmod

Of course you have to be super cautious about adding variant groups willy nilly, because that changes the asset completely.  So I would probably not do this to vanilla assets.

I chose red so I would have less worries about outputs/rendering, i.e. json files like survival\blocktypes\clay\clayform.json

Then I just needed one more thing, an actual recipe. I arbitrarily added one to survival\recipes\clayforming\axemold.json, the same as the existing recipe but with this ingredient

ingredient: { type: "item", code: "stick-*", name: "color", allowedVariants: ["red"] },
   

and boom. I was clayforming axe molds with sticks.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.