ClockMech Posted Friday at 02:05 AM Report Posted Friday at 02:05 AM I`m playing singleplayer world with custom settings but most of the preset is exploration. I have no stability or any enemies for the first 5 days. Within the span of like 20 minutes I got 2 "Host not responding" messages which literally NEVER happened before. What do I do?
LadyWYT Posted Friday at 02:57 AM Report Posted Friday at 02:57 AM Welcome to the forums! 50 minutes ago, ClockMech said: Within the span of like 20 minutes I got 2 "Host not responding" messages which literally NEVER happened before. What do I do? Are you playing with any mods? Or have you messed with any game settings aside from the world settings? Typically this message appears when the computer is struggling to keep up with whatever is going on in the world. You might take a look at your log files to see if there's any other clues as to what could be going on, as well as check whatever programs you have running in the background.
ClockMech Posted Friday at 03:35 AM Author Report Posted Friday at 03:35 AM I am playing with mods. And funnily enough this message showed up 2 times and never again
Teh Pizza Lady Posted Friday at 03:41 AM Report Posted Friday at 03:41 AM 5 minutes ago, ClockMech said: I am playing with mods. And funnily enough this message showed up 2 times and never again My game will sometimes lag out when it's saving the world.
LadyWYT Posted Friday at 03:48 AM Report Posted Friday at 03:48 AM 9 minutes ago, ClockMech said: I am playing with mods. And funnily enough this message showed up 2 times and never again I'm guessing you likely have a mod or two that adds a lot of content, and that may be what's generating the hiccups. In my experience, it's not unusual for a heavily modded game to flash the message a couple of times shortly after loading the world, and not show again. Generating lots of new chunks during exploration can also cause the image to appear. Unless it's a constant interruption, or there are other issues that make playing difficult, I wouldn't worry about it too much. 1
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 04:22 AM Report Posted Friday at 04:22 AM did you by any chance install Better Ruins?
ClockMech Posted Friday at 06:12 PM Author Report Posted Friday at 06:12 PM 13 hours ago, Dilan Rona said: did you by any chance install Better Ruins? Nope, probably because there`s like 65 mods installed it just need some time to "stabilize"
Dilan Rona Posted Friday at 06:18 PM Report Posted Friday at 06:18 PM reason i'm asking is there is a bit of a hit with Better Ruins, happened with another one sometime last year (almost 2 maybe?). without knowing what mods you got loaded, wont be able to diagnose what happened, and can only speculate.
ClockMech Posted Saturday at 12:51 AM Author Report Posted Saturday at 12:51 AM 6 hours ago, Dilan Rona said: reason i'm asking is there is a bit of a hit with Better Ruins, happened with another one sometime last year (almost 2 maybe?). without knowing what mods you got loaded, wont be able to diagnose what happened, and can only speculate.
ClockMech Posted Saturday at 12:52 AM Author Report Posted Saturday at 12:52 AM These are all the mods that I currently have on the singleplayer
ClockMech Posted Saturday at 12:53 AM Author Report Posted Saturday at 12:53 AM Considering that I also started playing with my friend through Radmin it`s good to mention that this is a persistent issue during multiplayer
Recommended Posts