Primitive Survival

Spear and Fang

Hi @Spear and Fang, I really like the mod in single player (works without any issues), but can't run it on zap-hosting.com server. Get the error:

[Error] [primitivesurvival] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Dateiname: "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51"

Found at mods.vintagestory.at the hint that an older .net Framework version could be the reason but the support guys from zap-hosting.com tried several things and gave finally the feedback:
"Unfortunately, the mod author does not specify which .net framework version the mod wants, net framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 are currently installed on the host, but as far as I can see the error is still there, you would have to contact the developer of the mod and ask for more information."

Hope that I can get any hints!
Complete log attached.

Server.log

6 hours ago, Athelas said:

Hi @Spear and Fang, I really like the mod in single player (works without any issues), but can't run it on zap-hosting.com server. Get the error:

[Error] [primitivesurvival] An exception was thrown when trying to load assembly:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Dateiname: "netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51"

Found at mods.vintagestory.at the hint that an older .net Framework version could be the reason but the support guys from zap-hosting.com tried several things and gave finally the feedback:
"Unfortunately, the mod author does not specify which .net framework version the mod wants, net framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 are currently installed on the host, but as far as I can see the error is still there, you would have to contact the developer of the mod and ask for more information."

Hope that I can get any hints!
Complete log attached.

Server.log 24.9 kB · 0 downloads

I'm sorry but I may not be much help here - I did not setup my workflow and I realize that it is different than that of many other mods. I am targeting .NET Standard 2.0 (as seen in the logs).

The mod should work fine on Windows 10 with the updates - .NET Framework 4.8
If it is linux, mono needs to be fully updated.

It is not much help, but the mod is hosted on about 180 other VS servers, so I don't know what else to tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there. I have some questions about very specific relic working conditions.

Spoiler

I've submerged Dagon and Hydra together, put in cosmic gears, nothing worked. I propped them above ground with water 3 deep around them in a 5x5 square for each, nothing worked. What am I doing wrong to get them to work?

Edit: I put them 5 deep underneath the water and got the black particles to show up, but it still says not complete.

Another edit: I'm having difficulties with furrowing land. I've tried from stone to steel hoes, hold sneak, and then right click on tilled farmland, but it does nothing. 

Edited by Sona
Additional info.

21 hours ago, Sona said:

Hello there. I have some questions about very specific relic working conditions.

Reveal hidden contents

I've submerged Dagon and Hydra together, put in cosmic gears, nothing worked. I propped them above ground with water 3 deep around them in a 5x5 square for each, nothing worked. What am I doing wrong to get them to work?

Edit: I put them 5 deep underneath the water and got the black particles to show up, but it still says not complete.

Another edit: I'm having difficulties with furrowing land. I've tried from stone to steel hoes, hold sneak, and then right click on tilled farmland, but it does nothing. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.6587420e01ec65eb645c40b533dbbae7.jpeg

I just placed a single block of dirt in the water. The altar only checks for water surrounding that single block of dirt.

See my spoiler above about the altar.

I'm not sure what is going on with furrowing land.  That is correct.  Sneak right click on farmland with a hoe.  Perhaps it is a conflict with a mod like xSkills?  Your server-main.txt and/or client-main.txt log files might help answer that question.

Edited by Spear and Fang

On 2/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, Spear and Fang said:
  Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.6587420e01ec65eb645c40b533dbbae7.jpeg

I just placed a single block of dirt in the water. The altar only checks for water surrounding that single block of dirt.

See my spoiler above about the altar.

I'm not sure what is going on with furrowing land.  That is correct.  Sneak right click on farmland with a hoe.  Perhaps it is a conflict with a mod like xSkills?  Your server-main.txt and/or client-main.txt log files might help answer that question.

I tried the sneak click after turning off the xlib and xskills mod on a new single player world and it still isn't working. I'd post the file logs too, but I can't find them. Also I figured out the altar issue was 

Spoiler

me putting the brother and sister statue side by side. By mentioning them as twins, I thought it hinted I needed both together for it to work.

image.thumb.png.aa557b75d98518ffd5060e44c8d40d65.png

9 minutes ago, Sona said:

I tried the sneak click after turning off the xlib and xskills mod on a new single player world and it still isn't working. I'd post the file logs too, but I can't find them. Also I figured out the altar issue was 

Reveal hidden contents

me putting the brother and sister statue side by side. By mentioning them as twins, I thought it hinted I needed both together for it to work.

image.thumb.png.aa557b75d98518ffd5060e44c8d40d65.png

...The reason it wasn't working is because our server uses an older version due to compatibility issues.

I feel like an idiot.

• Like 1

"block-fishmount-bass-*": "Robalo Pequeno (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-trout-*": "Truta (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-perch-*": "Perca (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-salmon-*": "Salmão (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-carp-*": "Carpa (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-pike-*": "Lúcio (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-arcticchar-*": "Truta-do-Ártico (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-catfish-*": "Bagre (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-bluegill-*": "Perca-Sol (Troféu de parede)",
  "block-fishmount-mutant-*": "Peixe Mutante (Troféu de parede)"

@Spear and Fang

The new stuff translated to pt-br!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

23.4.2023 05:49:04 [Fatal] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vintagestory.API.Server.LandClaim' from assembly 'VintagestoryAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.NearToClaimedLand()
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.Combust(Single dt)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.OnTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 85
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 124
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 772

hung our server, until automated restart kicked in.

(( you know what... there is probably a fix for this, in your update from 6 hours ago =P >.< just checked now =P ))

Edited by Karagryphon

1 hour ago, Karagryphon said:

23.4.2023 05:49:04 [Fatal] System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Vintagestory.API.Server.LandClaim' from assembly 'VintagestoryAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.NearToClaimedLand()
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.Combust(Single dt)
   at PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.BEBombFuse.OnTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:line 85
   at Vintagestory.Server.CoreServerEventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerEventManager.cs:line 124
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process() in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMain.cs:line 772

hung our server, until automated restart kicked in.

(( you know what... there is probably a fix for this, in your update from 6 hours ago =P >.< just checked now =P ))

Yes this should have been fixed in v3.1.6.
But if there's any unlit ore blasting bombs sitting around, pick them up and place them again.

Getting the following crash. Playing VS 1.18.1, Primitive Survival 1.3.6

Edit: the same happens with 1.3.7

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.18.1 (Stable)
24.04.2023 12:48:26: Critical error occurred in the following mod: primitivesurvival@3.1.6
Loaded Mods: primitivesurvival@3.1.6, game@1.18.1, morepiles@1.3.0, creative@1.18.1, survival@1.18.1
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetBlock(BlockPos pos, Int32 layer) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorBase.cs:Zeile 85.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.GetCrop() in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 802.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.updateMoistureLevel(Double totalDays, Single waterDistance) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 323.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.WaterFarmland(Single dt, Boolean waterNeightbours) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 1070.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.WaterFarmland(Single dt, Boolean waterNeightbours) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 1074.
   bei PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.EntityEarthworm.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.OnGameTick(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Entities.cs:Zeile 93.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:Zeile 84.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:Zeile 807.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:Zeile 709.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:Zeile 163.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 681.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 625.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 119.
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 476.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 452.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 375.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   bei Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:Zeile 93.

Edited by Boesknecht

17 hours ago, Boesknecht said:

Getting the following crash. Playing VS 1.18.1, Primitive Survival 1.3.6

Edit: the same happens with 1.3.7

Running on 64 bit Windows with 32 GB RAM 
Game Version: v1.18.1 (Stable)
24.04.2023 12:48:26: Critical error occurred in the following mod: primitivesurvival@3.1.6
Loaded Mods: primitivesurvival@3.1.6, game@1.18.1, morepiles@1.3.0, creative@1.18.1, survival@1.18.1
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.BlockAccessorBase.GetBlock(BlockPos pos, Int32 layer) in VintagestoryLib\Common\API\BlockAccessorBase.cs:Zeile 85.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.GetCrop() in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 802.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.updateMoistureLevel(Double totalDays, Single waterDistance) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 323.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.WaterFarmland(Single dt, Boolean waterNeightbours) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 1070.
   bei Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityFarmland.WaterFarmland(Single dt, Boolean waterNeightbours) in VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEFarmland.cs:Zeile 1074.
   bei PrimitiveSurvival.ModSystem.EntityEarthworm.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientSystemEntities.OnGameTick(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Entities.cs:Zeile 93.
   bei Vintagestory.Common.EventManager.TriggerGameTick(Int64 ellapsedMilliseconds, IWorldAccessor world) in VintagestoryLib\Common\EventManager.cs:Zeile 84.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainRenderLoop(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:Zeile 807.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.MainGameLoop(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:Zeile 709.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToPrimary(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:Zeile 163.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 681.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:Zeile 625.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(Object sender, FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 119.
   bei System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 476.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 452.
   bei OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in C:\Users\Nexrem\Desktop\transfer\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:Zeile 375.
   bei Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs)
   bei Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:Zeile 93.

Boesknecht,
Thank you so much for reporting this and providing a log file.  I was able to recreate this issue and am working on a fix now.

• 2 weeks later...

If nothing drops at all, I'd recommend either waiting for 10 seconds after the transformation (for the worms to settle down) or pluck as many worms out of the castings as possible before breaking the castings block.  When the worms are settling in the castings blocks their hit boxes sometimes prevent the worm castings from dropping. It's a long outstanding bug.  Ima try and fix that bug once and for all.

If on the other hand it drops soil, then some other mod must be causing that.  I've never seen that.  I'd say "Farmland drops soil" but that doesn't seem likely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there! 
 So I kind of have a big issue right now with the Skull of the Living Dead. I placed the skull in a bunker for drifters that was 20+ blocks away. For the past 3 days my chickens have been dying randomly with no cause. This morning I noticed all the animals around my chicken pen and my chickens were taking damage. I did some testing and the Skull of the Living Dead was injuring them from 20+ blocks away. I feel like the Skull shouldn't have that much of a radius. I'm hoping its just a bug and could be fixed as I do like using that skull to fight off drifters. Q.Q 

On 5/18/2023 at 6:58 AM, Plumeria said:

Hello there! 
 So I kind of have a big issue right now with the Skull of the Living Dead. I placed the skull in a bunker for drifters that was 20+ blocks away. For the past 3 days my chickens have been dying randomly with no cause. This morning I noticed all the animals around my chicken pen and my chickens were taking damage. I did some testing and the Skull of the Living Dead was injuring them from 20+ blocks away. I feel like the Skull shouldn't have that much of a radius. I'm hoping its just a bug and could be fixed as I do like using that skull to fight off drifters. Q.Q 

Hi Plumeria,
I did some testing and you are right - the Skull is not working as intended anymore.  It *seems* to be ignoring its 15 block radius and attacking more aggressively than before.  Thank you so much for reporting this, I should have this fixed for the next release.  ...maybe even allow people to place a straw dummy nearby to further restrict  the skulls attack radius...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
23.7.2023 01:07:45 [Server Event] Player Gizmagus got removed. Reason: Threw an exception at the server
23.7.2023 01:07:45 [Server Error] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values
Parameter name: slotId
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryGeneric.get_Item(Int32 slotId) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\Vintagest
oryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryGeneric.cs:line 88
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in C:
\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 446
   at Vintagestory.Common.InventoryNetworkUtil.HandleClientPacket(IPlayer byPlayer, Int32 packetId, Packet_Client packet) in
C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\InventoryNetworkUtil.cs:line 90
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityOpenableContainer.OnReceivedClientPacket(IPlayer player, Int32 packetid, Byte[] dat
a) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEOpenableContainer.cs:line 78
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation.HandleBlockEntityPacket(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) i
n C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\BlockSimulation.cs:line 332
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket) in C:\Users\Tyron\Docume
nts\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMainNetworking.cs:line 108

player put a Quern into a hollow log and it seems to boot them from server. 

6 hours ago, Karagryphon said:
23.7.2023 01:07:45 [Server Event] Player Gizmagus got removed. Reason: Threw an exception at the server
23.7.2023 01:07:45 [Server Error] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values
Parameter name: slotId
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryGeneric.get_Item(Int32 slotId) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\Vintagest
oryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryGeneric.cs:line 88
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.InventoryBase.ActivateSlot(Int32 slotId, ItemSlot sourceSlot, ItemStackMoveOperation& op) in C:
\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryApi\Common\Inventory\InventoryBase.cs:line 446
   at Vintagestory.Common.InventoryNetworkUtil.HandleClientPacket(IPlayer byPlayer, Int32 packetId, Packet_Client packet) in
C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Common\GameContent\Inventory\InventoryNetworkUtil.cs:line 90
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityOpenableContainer.OnReceivedClientPacket(IPlayer player, Int32 packetid, Byte[] dat
a) in C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VSSurvivalMod\BlockEntity\BEOpenableContainer.cs:line 78
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation.HandleBlockEntityPacket(Packet_Client packet, ConnectedClient client) i
n C:\Users\Tyron\Documents\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\Systems\World\BlockSimulation.cs:line 332
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.ProcessNetMessage(NetIncomingMessage msg, NetServer mainSocket) in C:\Users\Tyron\Docume
nts\vintagestory\game\VintagestoryLib\Server\ServerMainNetworking.cs:line 108

player put a Quern into a hollow log and it seems to boot them from server. 

Thanks for the report Karagryphon.  The log file seems to point to a problem with the game itself, not this mod.  The tree hollow is in fact just a reskinned chest, and mostly just relies on vanilla game code.

I actually don't think this problem can be easily recreated (I certainly couldn't), because it is much more likely to be a hiccup with the user's computer, router, ISP, or the server itself.  If some other player can recreate this issue please do let me know.

Edited by Spear and Fang

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.