Automated panning

Hussar

I propose a device that can be connected to the mechanical power axle to automate panning.  Perhaps it needs a water source as well (a sluice, I believe).  You load in gravel or sand (one by one, or with the hopper) and it does the panning.  A chute could be used to remove the products.

Like the helvehammer and automated quern, this just speeds up an existing game process at the expense of later game resources, so I don't think it would be overpowered.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

the existing mod reduces the amount of stuff that can be found to 1/8th of the amount panning gets you though (instead of 8 tries when panning through, it only does try once for loot, resulting in 0-1 items per block instead of 0-8 items). I'd be okay with half the chances but taking time to to it's job, but lowering the chances for getting anything that much, is just wasting the blocks (I'd rather use them to fill holes than having a chance of most likely getting a single stone from that block of gravel; sand is needed in crafting, bony soil normally gets you more than 4 items when panning...).

And that mod adds way too much other stuff, it's called Useful Stuff btw.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, Hal13 said:

the existing mod reduces the amount of stuff that can be found to 1/8th of the amount panning gets you though (instead of 8 tries when panning through, it only does try once for loot, resulting in 0-1 items per block instead of 0-8 items). I'd be okay with half the chances but taking time to to it's job, but lowering the chances for getting anything that much, is just wasting the blocks (I'd rather use them to fill holes than having a chance of most likely getting a single stone from that block of gravel; sand is needed in crafting, bony soil normally gets you more than 4 items when panning...).

And that mod adds way too much other stuff, it's called Useful Stuff btw.

AFAIK everything in the mod can be feature toggled off, so you could just use the sluice if you want

Definitely a nice addition to the core gaame because ain't nobody got time to pan bony soil in the mid to late game

Edited by Sikandar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.