Sign in to follow this  
Pfev

knife + right click ?

Hi everyone. I'd like to implement a game mechanics where blocks can be transformed using a knife+right click like for animal harvesting ( for example to transform a log into a debarked variant). I'd like to reuse code if possible but i can't locate the lines for that feature. Anyone has an idea?

On 9/12/2020 at 5:57 PM, Pfev said:

Hi everyone. I'd like to implement a game mechanics where blocks can be transformed using a knife+right click like for animal harvesting ( for example to transform a log into a debarked variant). I'd like to reuse code if possible but i can't locate the lines for that feature. Anyone has an idea?

Something like that been done in "immersion" ( different applications). Perhaps you could go look for code. + the mod had many texturing/graphic for debarked version.

I went through files, and the harvesting is in the knife code. Even the animation seems hard coded. I simply recoded a block behaviour. Debarking was just an example, i have other things in mind :D.

Edited by Pfev

On 9/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, Pfev said:

I went through files, and the harvesting is in the knife code. Even the animation seems hard coded. I simply recoded a block behaviour. Debarking was just an example, i have other things in mind :D.

Removing things from players is a lot more difficult.