Pottery copy mode should be disabled when the layer pattern changes

David Taylor

The copy mode when making clay molds is great. But it's annoying when the layer pattern changes while you're right-clicking away and you get a bunch of clay where you don't want it and have to remove it again.

I think either the mode should be automatically disabled if the next layer has a different pattern, maybe by just not placing any clay rather then going to single voxel mode or something, then the player gets to choose the next mode.

Or it should only fill in the voxels in the new layer that need clay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 5:19 AM, David Taylor said:

The copy mode when making clay molds is great. But it's annoying when the layer pattern changes while you're right-clicking away and you get a bunch of clay where you don't want it and have to remove it again.

I think either the mode should be automatically disabled if the next layer has a different pattern, maybe by just not placing any clay rather then going to single voxel mode or something, then the player gets to choose the next mode.

Or it should only fill in the voxels in the new layer that need clay.

Agree, it should be disabled or go back to one item  when the mold changes but based on each mold, so if you have multiple molds each should be treated individually.  However, I've been counting the layers that I need to do with the automated "same as last layer" mold so that I know when to stop doing that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.