Player Spawn Suggestion

Brandybuck

A suggestion for single player mode: An option in the configuration to spawn in a doable/achievable location. Minecraft was bad at this if the goal was something other than checking out holes. I am finding the same thing with VS. In five different spawns to check out the game and figure out mechanics, I have never found any medium fertility soil. In one spawn I started in a map that was entirely slate gravel and hills. Another was marshy peat and bogs. It was cool looking, but having to travel an extraordinary distance from the spawn location to find a suitable location for an improvised homestead is a bit too much for me.

How this could be done could vary. I know it is random and probably impossible to guarantee a "good" spawn. And of course a "good" spawn varies from player to player. Just my suggestion, because it was asked, no flames please.

Also, sidenote, potions/poisons could be cool. Better healing options, or poisons to bump up weapon effectiveness.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say with certainty what the OP was talking about but I had a similar issue I've only started 5 times too and only 1 of the 5 times did I find medium fertility soil without traveling over 1k blocks away from spawn. so far in fact that I got killed by some wolves and luckily I marked the medium soil on map right where I died but it was sooo far away that by time I got to it all my stuff had despawned where I died. maybe this could be fixed with something like the minecraft "graves" mod or something where your stuff is stored safely in a container and marked on map where you died automatically and never despawns no matter how long it takes you to get there.

this is especially an issue if you don't know where you died. i started over a couple times because of dying and not being able to find where I was but in this specific sitution I was actually marking the medium fertility soil on the map as I got attacked by the wolves and died before i had time to do anything to fight back but I did manage to save the marker and so I know I went to where I died but again it was so far away everything despawned by time I got back to the marker. I had to cross a tiny ocean despite ocean biomes reportidly not being in the game yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.