VintageAidan

Hey there! I just bought this game earlier and I've been going around getting what I need to get my first house started and I've setup a lovely hobbit hole and a little camp fire so far.

While I've been building these two areas I have died many times due to lack of food, so if any of you have tips on the food aspect of the game it's something I always struggle with no matter what game I play..

2020-10-22_21-52-09.jpg

2020-10-22_22-13-20.jpg

Edited by VintageAidan
The images added one I never even had on my pc??
  • Like 3

Looks like a cozy hobbit hole Aidan!  Food, you'll want to explore and forage a lot - mushrooms are a friend in the early game.   Also, you can cook cattail roots and eat them.  And hunting will pay big dividends, so learning to throw a spear is good.  And make sure to use the claypot (soon to be renamed cooking pot for clarity).  Cooked meals give a satiation bonus, above the base value of the constituent parts.   You might want to drop by the discord (link on the homepage) it's a very active and friendly community, and you'll get much quicker advice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Many games that add hunger are a struggle for me as well. If you dont adjust the hunger rate in settings ( I always go much slower) I would then suggest grabbing berry bushes and having a berry patch while trying to farm and hunt. Also. I believe primitive survival mod allows you to turn bush meat and red meat into jerky. not very saturating but definitely a quick fix and turns one or two meats into multiple.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.