Temporal gear not showing and 1 other question

lesley hoornweg

Hello im new to vintage story

After some hours of playtime in the game i found out that my gear is missing just above my hotbar.

Now i don't know if this is a option to turn on or off but i would think it isn't normal. So what can i do to fix this? 

My other question is that my worldconfig command is not working for me. I would like to change my tool mining speed, but when i type in the command i get an error that says that this command is not reconized. What do i do wrong?

I hope someone could help me out

Greetings leshley

Here is a list of all the /worldconfig commands for easy reference: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/worldconfig

The two commands pertaining to your question are /worldconfig temporalStability [false|true] & /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [0-99], respectively.

Temporal Stability (the Gear)

/worldconfig temporalStability [false|true] should be self-explanatory. Just type either true to turn it on, or false to turn it off.

You likely either chose exploration as your difficulty (which has the Temporal Stability mechanic off by default), or you unwittingly turned it off when you made your world.

Tool Mining Speed

/worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [0-99] means you must enter a number from 0-99. So, for example /worldconfigtollMiningSpeed 2 makes your tools break things twice as fast.

What Could Be Going Wrong (aka The Two Most Common Errors When Typing Commands)

The two big things to be aware of when using any of the commands are the letter-case in the command, and making sure you are not actually typing the brackets when there is a choice of options (such as [0-99], for example).

Letter Case  

For letter-case, /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed 2 (which is correct) is NOT the same as /worldConfig toolminingspeed 2 (which is wrong and will get you an error). /worldconfig is ALWAYS lowercase (even though there are some commands on the wiki that have a typo where it reads /worldConfig. That is the first thing to check. Then the command that follows usually has the first word lowercase and all proceeding words uppercase, so toolMiningSpeed, as opposed to Toolminingspeed. 

Brackets

Including the brackets, such as /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [2] is incorrect and will also give an error. You must not include the brackets for the value to register, so /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed 2 would be what you want instead. The brackets are only there to denote the acceptable input options or range of options, they are not part of the actual command.

In Conclusion

Those are the two main rules you must adhere to for commands to register properly. Check that you are doing both of them right and if the command still doesn't work let me know so I can diagnose the issue further.

Edited by Robert Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Amazing! 1

In case it would be helpful, this is what you would type:

/worldconfig temporalStability true

Is it possible that you left the brackets in the command? They are supposed to designate an option, but are not included. Please forgive me if you already know this.

eta: dang, totally missed that Robert already mentioned the brackets. Sorry about that.

Edited by dakko
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Robert Johnson said:

Here is a list of all the /worldconfig commands for easy reference: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=List_of_server_commands/worldconfig

The two commands pertaining to your question are /worldconfig temporalStability [false|true] & /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [0-99], respectively.

Temporal Stability (the Gear)

/worldconfig temporalStability [false|true] should be self-explanatory. Just type either true to turn it on, or false to turn it off.

You likely either chose exploration as your difficulty (which has the Temporal Stability mechanic off by default), or you unwittingly turned it off when you made your world.

Tool Mining Speed

/worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [0-99] means you must enter a number from 0-99. So, for example /worldconfigtollMiningSpeed 2 makes your tools break things twice as fast.

What Could Be Going Wrong (aka The Two Most Common Errors When Typing Commands)

The two big things to be aware of when using any of the commands are the letter-case in the command, and making sure you are not actually typing the brackets when there is a choice of options (such as [0-99], for example).

Letter Case  

For letter-case, /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed 2 (which is correct) is NOT the same as /worldConfig toolminingspeed 2 (which is wrong and will get you an error). /worldconfig is ALWAYS lowercase (even though there are some commands on the wiki that have a typo where it reads /worldConfig. That is the first thing to check. Then the command that follows usually has the first word lowercase and all proceeding words uppercase, so toolMiningSpeed, as opposed to Toolminingspeed. 

Brackets

Including the brackets, such as /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed [2] is incorrect and will also give an error. You must not include the brackets for the value to register, so /worldconfig toolMiningSpeed 2 would be what you want instead. The brackets are only there to denote the acceptable input options or range of options, they are not part of the actual command.

In Conclusion

Those are the two main rules you must adhere to for commands to register properly. Check that you are doing both of them right and if the command still doesn't work let me know so I can diagnose the issue further.

What amazing how good your explaination is. Im very thankfull for your detailed explaination. Now i know where it went wrong it was the uppercaser/lowercase what i didn't do.

Also with the brackets in the example commands i was aware that you dont use those in the command itself. But thank you anyway for explaining the purpose of those numbers.

Greetings

Edited by lesley hoornweg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.