Irrigating crops with water source blocks

Scott Kimberly

I have a farm field that is 4x4. I added water source blocks to the middle edges of each side, so that each farm block is definitely within 3 blocks of a water tile. Actually all of them are within 3 blocks of 2 tiles.

My farm is still very irregularly moisturized though. Some blocks are full, others are down to 66%, even with so much water around them. Any tips?

7 minutes ago, Stroam said:

plants only care that a block is hydrated, not how hydrated the block is

this is good to know because I have a problem where I have farmland literally touching a water source block and it's STILL not staying 100% hydrated I still need to use watering can to keep the hydration up.

4 hours ago, Sukotto82 said:

this is good to know because I have a problem where I have farmland literally touching a water source block and it's STILL not staying 100% hydrated I still need to use watering can to keep the hydration up.

This. My crops keep growing along, but the moisture level drops like there arent 4-8 water sources nearby. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.