Clay+Misc.

Sukotto82

this is a work in progress. there is much to be done still and I have much to learn to be able to do what I need to do but here is what I have so far.

I'ts semi-playable some things don't work in it some things might be missing texutres, and though I haven't had any crashes since my last fixes it's possible it might crash your game.

if this happens and you know why and maybe even how to fix it let me know and I'll be happy to fix it and add you to the contributors list.

this is experimental. my very first mod for vintage story and my very first Json mod ever.

names of items will be changed eventually nothing in this is final but gives an idea of what I've been working on the past couple weeks or so.

lots of trial and error. being a complete noob I had to ask for help with many things and some people where gracious enough to help me out and I've added there names to the contributors section of the modinfo file. 

I know it's a mess and completely unfinished but let me know what you think about the idea.

there is a very long list of things to get to but I'll only mention a few that you will likely notice right away that I am working on finding out how to fix.

tree trunk on wrong tree, many barrel recipes not working (both vanilla and modded), saw mold not letting you poor, new tree spawning too frequently, clay not spawning in their respective biomes/areas, meals with modded food items not showing a texture (looks like an empty container), 

there are many more things not quite working right or as desired but I'm trying to figure it all out, I'm very new to this kind of modding and have a lot to learn.

a few things I plan on adding as soon as I get everything already in the mod working properly are...

colorful raw and baked clay respective to the type of clay used when clayforming, different color doors, trapdoors, shelves, barrels, chest, and a few other objects based on the material/wood used to craft them, extended birdnest treasure drops, 5+ more trees with new colors of wood, new colors of grass under special conditions, a couple skyrim inspired armors and weapons, 5 by 5 crafting grid interface when interacting with workbench with new recipes to craft, 4 input and 4 outputs for cooking in stove, stove wont go out due to rain and can cook 4 different items at the same time, new cooking recipes using stove specifically, loot bags from drifters with more loot and slightly higher chance of getting a drop (could just be a stone or piece of grass but at least it's something :o), barrel recipes that allow you to brighten or darken the colors of blocks for more varied building options, if I can figure out how to get it to work an overhead sprinkler system for irrigating crops in a 7x7 field to optimize growth, and a few other odds and ends that I come up with on the way.

I hope the zip works. this is my first mod on here and not 100% sure I did it correctly.

=====================================================================================================================================================

updated the clay+misc zip. when updating it to 1.14.2 a few things got messed up, I tried fixing most of them but there is still much to do but 1 quick easy fix I'm adding here is I forgot to add the clay types to the soil block json for generating the clay naturally. you could still use sand in barrel with water to convert it to clay of the same type as the sand used but it should spawn naturally as well and I forgot something with it.

=====================================================================================================================================================

Fixed: tree trunk on wrong tree

Fixed: many barrel recipes not working (both vanilla and modded)

Fixed: a lot of other things I didn't previously mention that I didn't even know were broken when I uploaded the zip.

Most everything in the game I've fixed except a few things,

Not Fixed: saw mold not letting you poor

Not Fixed: new tree spawning too frequently

Not Fixed: clay not spawning in their respective biomes/areas (it spawns now. it wasn't before and I didn't realize it but it's fixed to the point it spawns but still not spawning in specific biomes like I want eventually but it's in there and working.

Not Fixed: meals with modded food items not showing a texture (looks like an empty container) depending on what the meal is you might see something in the bowl or pot but not the modded items.

the list of things I want to add eventually is still the same haven't knocked any of it out yet but I did fix everything that was broken in the game. everything now shows all textures nothing missing "except meals", all of the barrel recipes are now working properly (vanilla and modded)

added the ability to craft clay into rawclay blocks and rawclay blocks back into clay no more having 4+ stacks of clay taking up precious inventory space now you can store 9 stacks worth of clay into 1 stack of rawclayblocks. don't place the raw clay blocks unless you want to lose some clay. it takes 9 to craft and only yields 1-5 I think when dug up witch is normal.

clay water barrel recipe is now working properly but I don't have a use for the claywater yet but you can make it if you want.

fixed all crashing (no more crashes as far as I know. let me know if you find something)

Clay+Misc.zip

Edited by Sukotto82
updated zip to version 1.0.04 (experimental, Unfinished)" and added some fix notes
  • Confused 2

updated zip with a bunch of fixes pretty much everything I've added and all vanilla aspects of the game should be fully functional now except sawblade mold still not letting you poor molted metal in it. there is a knapping version of the saw so I will fix the clay mold in the next update after I add some more stuff but everything I've added so far is now working.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

v 1.4.7 does not work in my game

2.2.2021 13:48:32 [Error] [272913933_ClayMisc.zip] An exception was thrown trying to to load the ModInfo:
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Invalid JavaScript property identifier character: .. Path 'Dependencies', line 15, position 22.
   в Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseUnquotedProperty()
   в Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseProperty()
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JContainer.ReadTokenFrom(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings options)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject.Load(JsonReader reader, JsonLoadSettings settings)
   в Vintagestory.API.Common.ModInfo.DependenciesConverter.ReadJson(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.DeserializeConvertable(JsonConverter converter, JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   в Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   в Vintagestory.Common.ModContainer.LoadModInfo(ModCompilationContext compilationContext, ModAssemblyLoader loader, EnumAppSide side)

A dependency error, eh? Those are easy to fix.
It looks like I've been uploading too much stuff to the forums lately, so I had to upload the mod somewhere else. Give this one a shot:

https://mega.nz/file/TxRWxZ5J#xBiEJ86dM1yFNvW2JM0SnjQVWEBWMq49KJynNhJaThk

To be frank, OP's description of this mod is so messy that it's prevented me from ever downloading it. Are most of the bugs fixed? This seems pretty neat.

• 4 months later...

There was quite a few things working last I played. 

There was an issue with an update that broke a lot of things. 

I haven't been on pc in a while since my cousin needed a place to stay for a while I took out my computer setup and have not been in touch. 

As for what this does that was working last I checked is

added a ton of new colors of clay, clay deposits and clay objects. 

Added a couple new crops and corresponding seeds

a backpack with more carrying capacity 

A couple new trees saplings and wood items that are colorful.

Colorful clay water, colorful sand, sandstone and more colorful clay blocks 

Things that were in but not working are a new mold for an earlier version of a tool that I felt you should have access to earlier in game not need to wait for iron to make so a copper variant as well as a new napping recipe with flint and obsidian for a stone variant for that tool.

The knapping recipe and item was working but not the mold for it.

I was working on it and I had some help with it but didn't get to finish it. 

I'll work on getting things fixed as soon as my cousin moves out and I get my computer set back up.

Hopefully a lot of it still works if not I'll start it all over but I'll still have the textures and icons done so I'll see if it needs completely redone or not. 

Sorry I haven't been active here just remembered I could post from my phone otherwise I would have responded much sooner. 

I will make a short video, I believe I actually did make a short video but I'm pretty sure I did post several screenshots of the new clay and various related items but if I'm remembering incorrectly I will post some when I get my computer room back up and running. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.