Linux: Critical Error: Requested GraphicsMode Not Available

Noel Bennett

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Gentoo is a 'Source' distro; its "version" is the sum of EVERY installed package*configuration*gcc/llvm / Kernel.

There are missing Symlinks as Eloraam has suggested - when using nVidia + Gentoo. (Mono / OpenTK isn't quite aware of which libs are correct) [libGL.so]

Running mono 4.8 - while the engine does not quite load up I think its a driver interaction not a MONO runtime problem.

The only times I've gotten that exception was when changing modules (re-install without reboot) or MONO using the wrong ones.

It seems like a few basic sanity checks of OpenTK would be needed - just because it can go wrong easily.

Also the version of OpenTK shipped with v1.8.0 is 3.00 but the latest is 3.01 perhaps there are small fixes in the latest version that could be tried?

14 hours ago, Melchior said:

Gentoo is a 'Source' distro; its "version" is the sum of EVERY installed package*configuration*gcc/llvm / Kernel.

There are missing Symlinks as Eloraam has suggested - when using nVidia + Gentoo. (Mono / OpenTK isn't quite aware of which libs are correct) [libGL.so]

Running mono 4.8 - while the engine does not quite load up I think its a driver interaction not a MONO runtime problem.

The only times I've gotten that exception was when changing modules (re-install without reboot) or MONO using the wrong ones.

It seems like a few basic sanity checks of OpenTK would be needed - just because it can go wrong easily.

Also the version of OpenTK shipped with v1.8.0 is 3.00 but the latest is 3.01 perhaps there are small fixes in the latest version that could be tried?

Ow, I actually ship the game with a custom build of OpenTK. Seems like I need to adapt authors and version numbers there still. What kind of sanity checks would be needed in opentk?

Checking for a "real" OpenGL context - e.g. one provided by a H/W context (ATI/Intel/nVidia/Ect...) and not MESA in S/W (probably this is more just a Warning message than a fault).

Also the X.509 Certificate store being populated / valid in MONO (so the TLS handshake does not fail Before contact with account-server), perhaps a more expressive message on GUI for that.

Archived