Cold Global Temperature Spawns

Lucas Miles

To add onto the above, it seems most spawns are limited. So that you'd probably be relying on the traders for silk seeds to farm rope in a greenhouse and so forth. Pretty much until you get enough rope to make the charcoal to make the green house and get the gears to buy enough seeds you're seemingly stuck to extremely slow progression.

World generation has not really been adjusted for the introduction of seasons and latitude. There are many issues stemming from this, such as permanently snowed landscapes having very few loose rocks since they don't normally generate on top of snow, and no grass to even start a fire with.

This is a direct consequence of the game still being in alpha. The team will eventually take a look at this, I'm sure - but due to the gigantic backlog of features yet to be implemented, and he fact that only one person is really working on code, this may take a good long while.

• 3 weeks later...

D

On 1/12/2021 at 3:30 PM, Streetwind said:

World generation has not really been adjusted for the introduction of seasons and latitude. There are many issues stemming from this, such as permanently snowed landscapes having very few loose rocks since they don't normally generate on top of snow, and no grass to even start a fire with.

This is a direct consequence of the game still being in alpha. The team will eventually take a look at this, I'm sure - but due to the gigantic backlog of features yet to be implemented, and he fact that only one person is really working on code, this may take a good long while.

Even if this does take a good amount of time I don't really mind. More or less want to document it just to tell others later on down the road. Let's me pull the ol' "BACK IN MY DAY!"

On 1/12/2021 at 8:30 AM, Streetwind said:

I think it's ok. Very "realistic". I like it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.